What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Public Secrets
This topic is about Public Secrets
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Romance/murder mystery about a rocker's daughter from birth to adulthood with a mystery about her murdered baby brother. [s]

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Meg (last edited May 25, 2020 05:03PM) (new)

Meg | 5 comments When the h is a toddler, she is found abandoned by her druggie mother in a London flat by her Beatle-esque rocker father, who didn't know of her existence. He assumes custody, and raises her with his new partner. His new partner and him have a child, but when their son is a baby, he is killed during a botched kidnapping, which the h either witnessed or felt great guilt towards.

They move to California, and the h meets the H, who becomes a police officer (pretty sure they meet on the beach, but she's too young for him). The h gets into a relationship with a hopeful musician, but he turns out to be abusive. One of her father's band mates passes from HIV. The dad and the stepmom, who broke up after their son's death, get back together. The band manager confesses to the murder of the baby

Read in the early 2000s (paperback my mum owned)

message 2: by Charlene (new)

Charlene Wills | 7 comments I think I read this book, but in order for me to pinpoint the title. Could you please tell me was it between 2003 and 2005 or 2005 to 2007

message 3: by Charlene (new)

Charlene Wills | 7 comments this book was written by one of the old school big names

message 4: by Sue (new)

Sue Elleker | 769 comments "Public Secrets" by Nora Roberts.

message 5: by Charlene (new)

Charlene Wills | 7 comments public secrets by Nora Roberts

message 6: by Charlene (new)

Charlene Wills | 7 comments published in 1990

message 8: by Meg (new)

Meg | 5 comments Thanks!

message 9: by Kris (new)

Kris | 33461 comments Mod
Meg, I see your header is marked Solved. Glad you found your book.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Public Secrets (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Nora Roberts (other topics)