Glitter Guide Book Lovers discussion

The Best Book I've Read During Quarantine Is...

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Samantha (new)

Samantha Welker | 44 comments Mod
Ok, friends. I'm working on a post for GG and I think it would be super fun to include our book club! If you're interested, can drop a comment with:

1. the title of the best book you've read during quarantine
2. a little blurb (2-3 sentences) about why you loved it.
3. your IG handle

So for example:
This Is How It Always Is
I loved this book and the beautiful story it told about their family. It was so timely yet I feel like it will help generations for years to come. Highly recommend.
@samanthawelker

I'll round all the responses up and share them in a post! Can't wait to see your responses. Happy Memorial Day!

xx

message 2: by Brittany (new)

Brittany Viklund (brittanyviklund) | 11 comments Tough question! I can’t wait to see what others share.

1. Anne of Green Gables
2. Anne & her zest lifted my spirits & I loved escaping to Green Gables from the confinement of my home. This was also a book that motivated me to read outside, on a chair or blanket, which helped my quarantine situation significantly. Such a beautiful classic!
3. @brittanyviklund

message 3: by Sabrina (new)

Sabrina | 5 comments What a great proyect!

The Guest List
As a huge fan of thrillers, this one has all the right ingredients: well-developed characters, impressive and shocking plot-twists and an amazing island setting. All Agatha Christie's lovers will enjoy it!
@sabryavigliano

message 4: by Megan (new)

Megan Tristao (megancstroup) | 3 comments Oooh only one??? ;)

The Stationery Shop by Marjan Kamali
This gorgeous historical novel stretches back to 1953 Tehran, where a coup in Iran separates two star-crossed lovers. Six decades later, they reunite by chance in their new lives abroad. I often find love stories trite, but this one was absolutely lovely and even moved me to tears.
@megtristao

Sounds like a fun post! I look forward to seeing it.

message 5: by Kelsey (new)

Kelsey Davis (kelsey_davis) | 4 comments Love this!

The Scent Keeper
It's a little magical, a little lonely at times, and completely unique. The Scent Keeper immerses you into nature and adolescence through memories and secrets, and if you loved Where the Crawdads Sing I think you'll thoroughly enjoy this book as well!
@kelseydavisdesign

message 6: by Kelsey (new)

Kelsey Davis (kelsey_davis) | 4 comments Sabrina wrote: "What a great proyect!

The Guest List
As a huge fan of thrillers, this one has all the right ingredients: well-developed characters, impressive and shocking plot-twists and an amazing island settin..."

oooh! Bumping this to the top of my list!

message 7: by Karli (new)

Karli Spang | 3 comments The Butterfly Garden by Dot Hutchison
This book was so incredibly dark and juicy, with all of the ingredients for a thrilling page turner. I found the parallels between the characters’ ordeal and the confinement of quarantine to be really interesting. Ultimately it was an entertaining read and one that kept me up late at night eager to know what happened to the characters. Highly recommend to anyone who likes a good thriller!
@karlibspangler

message 8: by Taylor (new)

Taylor Sterling (taylorsterling) | 52 comments Mod
This is fun!!!

message 9: by Ulfa (new)

Ulfa (ulfadz) | 1 comments Oooh goody! Tough question though.

The House of Hades by Rick Riordan
I've been rereading the whole Camp Half-Blood series during quarantine. All 14 books, done in about 3 weeks or so. And The House of Hades from The Heroes of Olympus installment is definitely still my favorite. I'm falling in love all over again with the story and the memories of being that age.. growing up, falling in love, doubting yourself, and everything in between
@ulfadz

message 10: by Joanna (new)

Joanna | 1 comments The wives. Chin hitting chest with each plot reveal.

message 11: by Taylor (new)

Taylor Sterling (taylorsterling) | 52 comments Mod
1. This Is How It Always Is
2. I loved this story of family dynamics, growth, and acceptance.
3.@TaylorSterling

haha, do I count here?