Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Talon d'Achille (Cassure Obligée, #3)
This topic is about Talon d'Achille
Book Cover Help > Change cover for Cassure Obligée - Trilogie

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Oualid (new) - added it

Oualid Hamdi (oualidhamdi) | 7 comments Dear librarians,

I woud like to change the cover of the book that the admin set to the picture I have added myself in the picture gallery of the book. That would be great!

Many thanks for your support in advance.

Kind regads

Oualid Hamdi

message 2: by Scott (new)

Scott | 18478 comments This book is only book three, not the entire trilogy.

In any case, we do not change old covers (a new edition is created instead) and also the additional photos section is not for other covers.

message 3: by Oualid (last edited May 25, 2020 02:51PM) (new) - added it

Oualid Hamdi (oualidhamdi) | 7 comments Hey Scott thanks for your quick reply,

Well that it exactly the issue, the person who created the book wanted it basically to be book 1 and not 3 ... ans then I thought why not creating a single goodread entry for the trilogy, so the 3 books together. Is that possible?

message 4: by Oualid (new) - added it

Oualid Hamdi (oualidhamdi) | 7 comments Scott wrote: "This book is only book three, not the entire trilogy.

In any case, we do not change old covers (a new edition is created instead) and also the additional photos section is not for other covers."

Hey again Scott,

Forgot to mention that I am myself the author of the book.

message 5: by Scott (new)

Scott | 18478 comments Oualid wrote: "Hey Scott thanks for your quick reply,

Well that it exactly the issue, the person who created the book wanted it basically to be book 1 and not 3 ... ans then I thought why not creating a single g..."

I don't see a whole trilogy item on Amazon, but books 1 and 2 do need to be added here.

message 6: by Oualid (new) - added it

Oualid Hamdi (oualidhamdi) | 7 comments Scott wrote: "Oualid wrote: "Hey Scott thanks for your quick reply,

Well that it exactly the issue, the person who created the book wanted it basically to be book 1 and not 3 ... ans then I thought why not crea..."

Oh okey .. so you say I need to have an entry for each book .. I thought it was possible to make a singly entry for a serie of books such as a trilogy of the same author .. something similar to this serie of more than 80 books of James Hadley Chase:

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...

Cause in fact it would help me a lot with ratings as usually people only rate a book of the trilogy and skip the rest if you see what I mean. That's why I was naming it Cassure Obligée - Trilogie

Kr

Walid

message 7: by Scott (new)

Scott | 18478 comments Only if it was for sale as a set, in the case of Kindle, a single item. That Chase set should probably not be here actually... I will look into it.

Can't help how people rate books, sorry.

message 8: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 42444 comments Mod
Oualid wrote: "something similar to this serie of more than 80 books of James Hadley Chase:"

That collection appears to have actually been published (in India) as a single collection.

Was your trilogy sold that way, or only as individual books?

message 9: by Scott (new)

Scott | 18478 comments Also, never remove an ASIN from a book record.

message 10: by Oualid (new) - added it

Oualid Hamdi (oualidhamdi) | 7 comments Hey hey Rivka,

Each book on its own Sir :-)

Alright, so I get your point, I need to have each book on its own unless I publish an item for the whole trilogy .. which I need to anyway create an item for.

message 11: by Oualid (new) - added it

Oualid Hamdi (oualidhamdi) | 7 comments Scott wrote: "Also, never remove an ASIN from a book record."
Alright, this was due to the idea I had of having a single item for all 3 books, as ASIN was optional rather than mandatory

message 12: by Scott (new)

Scott | 18478 comments Yeah you can't just change stuff around like that. Besides, if the ASIN is absent, people cannot click to Amazon to find your book easily...and you wouldn't want that right? :)

message 13: by Oualid (new) - added it

Oualid Hamdi (oualidhamdi) | 7 comments Scott wrote: "Yeah you can't just change stuff around like that. Besides, if the ASIN is absent, people cannot click to Amazon to find your book easily...and you wouldn't want that right? :)"

yep, somehow. However I wonder how many people would be looking for Cassure Obligée by ASIN. By the way it has also a paperback version, pleaassseee don't tell me I also need to make another entry for it :D as basically on Amazon, eBook and paperback are linked

message 14: by Scott (last edited May 25, 2020 03:31PM) (new)

Scott | 18478 comments I mean that there is a button on each book page here marked "Amazon" that you can click and it will take you to the book on Amazon. If it has the ASIN or ISBN-10 entered it will take you directly to the book on Amazon. If not, it will do a fuzzy sort of search by title and your book may show up or it may not...

If you want the paperbacks listed here, they would require new book records, yes. They would be linked to their corresponding Kindle editions.