What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. YA Fantasy/ Boy who kills demons/ Front cover has a person on it/ definitely not Throne of Glass or the Mortal Instruments

Comments Showing 1-50 of 58 (58 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Nadia (last edited Jun 07, 2020 09:22AM) (new)

Nadia | 35 comments I think the cover of this book was greenish and had a person on it (I don't know. I may be mixing up two books). From what I remember, this book was a part of a series, and it was about a boy who killed demons. It's not Throne of Glass or the Mortal Instruments. It will give you more details when I remember.

message 2: by Nadia (new)

Nadia | 35 comments Also, I think the person on the cover was a boy not a girl

message 3: by Kyra (new)

Kyra | 3 comments Is it Blood of Elves? Or another from the Witcher series?

message 5: by Crystal (new)

Crystal | 330 comments The Falconer is about a girl assassin that kills the fae. The cover is blue/green. It features a girl not a guy though

message 6: by Audrey (new)

Audrey | 119 comments Maybe The Ranger’s Apprentice series by John Flanagan? The first one is called The Ruins of Gorlan

message 7: by Nadia (new)

Nadia | 35 comments I'm sorry. It's none of those

message 8: by Nadia (new)

Nadia | 35 comments I think the covers kinda looked like throne of glass's with a person in the middle but I 'm not really sure

message 9: by Nadia (new)

Nadia | 35 comments I saw this book series in the Kinokuniya bookstore if that is of any help

message 10: by Johanne (new)

Johanne *the biblionaut* | 56 comments It's not green, but this guy fights demons:
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...

message 11: by Johanne (new)

Johanne *the biblionaut* | 56 comments It's The Painted/Warded Man by Peter V Brett (series is called the Demon Cycle)

message 12: by Nadia (new)

Nadia | 35 comments It's not that but continue trying. I'm trying to rack my brains for anything and I still can't remember anything else

message 13: by Alex (new)

Alex | 6 comments Is it one of the books in The Descent series by SM Reine?

message 14: by Nadia (new)

Nadia | 35 comments no, wow, this book is going to be really hard to find

message 15: by Nadia (new)

Nadia | 35 comments I'm not looking for this book anymore but if you guys want to find it, feel free to

message 16: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39882 comments Mod
Ok, moving to Abandoned at your request then.

message 17: by Nadia (new)

Nadia | 35 comments ok

message 18: by Nadia (new)

Nadia | 35 comments I'm not abandoning this book query anymore so here is what I know. It's about a boy who kills demons (pretty sure the summary said something about demons), the cover kinda has the boy in the middle, and I saw it at the Kinokuniya bookstore in Singapore.

message 19: by Robert (new)

Robert (ricroscupshigh) | 351 comments If you saw it in the Kinokuniya bookstore, Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Vol. 1?

message 20: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35775 comments Mod
Nadia, how old are the main characters? Is this book for teens or adults?

message 21: by Nadia (new)

Nadia | 35 comments I'm not sure about age but it's for teens

message 22: by Nadia (new)

Nadia | 35 comments And Robert, the book is in English

message 23: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35775 comments Mod
Thanks. Added the genre "YA Fantasy" to the topic header. Feel free to update the header.

message 24: by Nora (new)

message 25: by Nadia (new)

Nadia | 35 comments That's not it. Btw the information I gave is all I remember. It's not a lot to go on. I'm sorry.

message 26: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (olive_tree) | 5 comments The Edge of Everything? It's a long shot since the assassin just kills humans, but he's from hell and the cover has a person in cold colors.

message 27: by Nadia (new)

Nadia | 35 comments Still not it

message 28: by Nadia (new)

Nadia | 35 comments This may be a stretch but I think the series was about 3 books long and the author is male.

message 29: by Nadia (new)

Nadia | 35 comments And also I saw about 2 years ago

TheBohemianBookworm | 119 comments Is it maybe “Novice”? By Taran Matharu? It’s the first in the Summoner series and it’s about a demon slayer.

message 31: by Nadia (new)

Nadia | 35 comments I'm not sure but that's not it

message 32: by Robert (new)

Robert (ricroscupshigh) | 351 comments Not exactly a boy and not exactly recent but it's a greenish cover with a bloke on it:
A Knight of the Word, by Terry Brooks?

message 33: by Nadia (new)

Nadia | 35 comments Good suggestion but no

message 34: by fish cat (new)

fish cat | 9 comments Infinity
Not demons but kind of close?

message 35: by Eloise (new)

Eloise | 49 comments Could it be one of Darren Shan's books?

message 36: by Crystal (new)

Crystal | 330 comments I love Darren Shan's books!! :3 i used to read them for hours when I was a teen. Mr Crepsley was my favourite character. It's about vampires mostly though not demons

message 37: by Joshua (new)

Joshua Head | 8 comments Explore the topic that the title might have "Exorcism" in the name. The anime Blue Exorcist is an example of fighting demons.

message 38: by fish cat (new)

fish cat | 9 comments Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1) by Sarah J. Maas Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1) by Sarah J. Maas
Which cover does it resemble since Throne of Glass has two editions?

message 39: by Nadia (new)

Nadia | 35 comments the right one mostly and infinity and Darren shan books are not it

message 40: by fish cat (new)

message 42: by Nadia (new)

Nadia | 35 comments Btw it's the first book in a series and I saw it near A court of Thorns and Roses so maybe the author's name is close to that. And Rita, that's not it

message 43: by Eloise (new)

Eloise | 49 comments Ooh what about The Novice?

message 44: by fish cat (new)

fish cat | 9 comments Eloise wrote: "Ooh what about The Novice?"

I think it was already suggested. But it would fit so well. The author’s last name starts with M, which is close to ACOTAR’s author who is Maas.

message 45: by Eloise (new)

Eloise | 49 comments Rita wrote: "Eloise wrote: "Ooh what about The Novice?"

I think it was already suggested. But it would fit so well. The author’s last name starts with M, which is close to ACOTAR’s author who i..."

🤦🏼‍♀️ Sorry only checked 'mentioned books'

message 46: by Nadia (new)

Nadia | 35 comments That book didn't ring any bells so I don't think that's it

message 47: by Nadia (new)

Nadia | 35 comments Also, it doesn't really have to be a 3 book series. Around there

message 48: by Nadia (new)

Nadia | 35 comments I think the person on the cover was holding some kind of knife. Idk

message 49: by Eloise (new)

Eloise | 49 comments Dagger (The D.U.S.T. Ops #1) by Steven dos Santos
High Summons by Celata Eli ?

Do you remember if it was Urban Fantasy (Mortal instruments) or High (Throne of glass)?

message 50: by fish cat (new)

fish cat | 9 comments Did the store carry indie books or was it just big publishers?

« previous 1