You'll love this one...!! A book club & more discussion

A Murderous Procession (Mistress of the Art of Death, #4)
This topic is about A Murderous Procession
Buddy Reads > Mistress of the Art of Death (book 4)

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jannene (last edited May 25, 2020 09:36AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jannene | 2768 comments Hi all, this is the final book. When is a good time for everyone?? Cherie is ready any time and I can be as well.

Jannene | 2768 comments Renee said she's good anytime.

Jannene | 2768 comments Are we good June 1? I have heard from everyone but Trudy.

Renee (elenarenee) | 1623 comments I am ready. My city is rioting. Even though we can go out again we cant go out.So bring on the discusssio

Jannene | 2768 comments My city is too but we can’t go out until 6/12 so far.

Cherie (crobins0) | 19585 comments There are protests going on in Portland, OR and there is a curfew at night. I live about 15 miles southwest of Portland.

Some of our restrictions are lifting but we are still advised to stay home if we can. Our library staff are going back to work to get ready to open for the public when they can, but I have not seen any date. Some businesses are requiring masks to enter, but a lot of places are not. It is weird.

I did not start reading yesterday. I might start tonight after I am done working in the yard, after I am done working from home.

Cherie (crobins0) | 19585 comments I’m at the section in Chapter One that begins with ON A WATER BUTT> (view spoiler)

Cherie (crobins0) | 19585 comments So I read chapter two also. Hmm.

Cherie (crobins0) | 19585 comments I am currently in Chapter six. This is a strange story, for sure.

Jannene | 2768 comments I will start today. I found out last week that due to budget cuts I am no longer a supervisor as they moved my employees to different people while others lost their job. I am no longer going to be able to do the things I loved in my job as those duties are being reassigned as well. We had 55 employees and now we are at 32. It has been a very emotional time for me. Fortunately I had an interview yesterday and hope I did well.

Cherie (crobins0) | 19585 comments Wow, Jannene. I can definitely understand. I hope your interview went well too!

I know how hard it is to have a job dropped out from under you like that, especially when parts that you loved to do are no longer available. It happened to me once. I did not supervise people, but I loved doing the job I had. After 14 1/2 years of doing it, the management decided that they were going to phase out my job. I took on two different part time jobs to keep working with the group, and after three years, I had to decide which one I was going to keep. I left the group but I am still working with many of the people, after all these years with the same company. Monday will be my "official" 39th anniversary date.

Cherie (crobins0) | 19585 comments I finished chapter six last night. Bad things are happening again.

Renee (elenarenee) | 1623 comments I am here too. Its been a busy but fun week. I am sorry to hear about your job change Jannene.

(view spoiler)

message 14: by Cherie (last edited Jun 08, 2020 11:45AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Cherie (crobins0) | 19585 comments I read chapter seven before I went to bed. (view spoiler)

Renee (elenarenee) | 1623 comments Here is a little I know of Henry II (view spoiler)

Cherie (crobins0) | 19585 comments I thought I knew who Scarry was, but now I find out I am wrong! Off on a different adventure now...

Cherie (crobins0) | 19585 comments OMG! One more thing. I am a few pages into chapter 11 (view spoiler)

Cherie (crobins0) | 19585 comments Chapter Thirteen (view spoiler)

Cherie (crobins0) | 19585 comments Renee wrote: "Here is a little I know of Henry II..."

Thanks for the info in your spoiler, Renee. I finished the book last night and read the Author's notes, and she indicated the same information.

So - now that I have said it, yes, I finished the book. I wasn't going to, but I finished my other book and did not want to start another new one. I am sad.

Renee (elenarenee) | 1623 comments I loved the book. I will miss this series. I came to really like Adelia and Rowley. I am sad I wont get to join them on more adventures

Jannene | 2768 comments Chapter 5 (view spoiler)

Cherie (crobins0) | 19585 comments Jannene wrote: "Chapter 5 [spoilers removed]"

Who knows what makes authors think of the things they do??? (view spoiler)

Renee (elenarenee) | 1623 comments LOL (view spoiler)

Jannene | 2768 comments Ok so I finally finished the book. It was great but it took so long because of the toppler and well because of work it really has been tough to concentrate. I started watching TV (gasp).

I liked the ending. It leaves it up to the reader how they want it to end which makes me happy. Sometimes the author ends up ruining a book by making their own ending.

Cherie (crobins0) | 19585 comments LOL! - you started watching TV. :o)