Play Book Tag discussion

Storm Front (The Dresden Files, #1)
This topic is about Storm Front
Archive: Other Books > Storm Front - Jim Butcher (4 stars)

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cora (last edited May 25, 2020 09:54AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Cora (corareading) | 1408 comments Storm Front - Jim Butcher

4 stars

There is a new Dresden Files book coming out in July. Since I have been having a hard time recently finding audiobooks that hold my attention, I decided to go back to my comfort listens and re-listen to the series up to the new book. The Dresden books are ones I go to when I want to relax and enjoy a book and not have to think too hard about what is going on. They are not the best books out there, but they always help me get out of a reading slump, so the are the best for me when I need them.

The first book in the series is not the most interesting. The mystery is not that engaging and the bad buy is just annoying. But it is a good introduction to the world. I do miss a lot of the characters that haven't appeared yet in the first book but it is a bit fun seeing where the characters that are there started out, knowing how they evolve throughout the series. Harry does have his flaws, but the character always manages to have me rooting for him to win. I am looking forward to continuing the series reread.

Joanne (joabroda1) | 7875 comments This has been on my TBR for a while now-I am going to put on my "When the Library re-opens" list.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Storm Front (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Jim Butcher (other topics)