Cozy Mystery Corner discussion

Featured Series and Cozies > Campers & Criminals (Beaches, Bungalows, and Burglaries) by Tonya Kappes

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by jaxnsmom (new)

jaxnsmom | 2457 comments Mod
Beaches, Bungalows, and Burglaries (A Camper & Criminals Cozy #1) by Tonya Kappes Beaches, Bungalows, and Burglaries

Mae West, a far cry from the Hollywood actress, has been thrown for a loop. Her plush lifestyle in the big city of New York comes to a screeching halt after the FBI raids her mansion and arrests her husband, Paul West, for a Ponzi scheme that rips people out of millions of dollars.

Mae finds herself homeless, friendless, and penniless. All hope isn't lost. . .the only thing Mae got to keep that the government didn't seize is a tourist camp ground, Happy Trails, in Normal, Kentucky and an RV to live in. One problem, Mae's idea of camping has room service.

Other books in the series:
Deserts, Driving, & Derelicts (A Camper & Criminals Cozy #2) by Tonya Kappes Forests, Fishing, & Forgery (A Camper & Criminals Cozy Mystery #3) by Tonya Kappes Christmas, Criminals, and Campers (A Camper & Criminals Cozy #4) by Tonya Kappes Motorhomes, Maps, & Murder (A Camper & Criminals Cozy #5) by Tonya Kappes Canyons, Caravans, & Cadavers (A Camper & Criminals Cozy #6) by Tonya Kappes Hitches, Hideouts, & Homicides (A Camper & Criminals Cozy #7) by Tonya Kappes Assailants, Asphalt & Alibis (A Camper & Criminals Cozy #8) by Tonya Kappes Valleys, Vehicles & Victims (A Camper & Criminals Cozy #9) by Tonya Kappes Sunsets, Sabbatical and Scandal (A Camper & Criminals Cozy #10) by Tonya Kappes Tents, Trails and Turmoil (A Camper & Criminals Cozy #11) by Tonya Kappes

message 2: by Nell (new)

Nell | 2766 comments Mod
Several books in this series are free if you have Kindle Unlimited.

message 3: by Julesy (new)

Julesy | 396 comments I listened the first book on audio. It was just okay. Not enough for me to want to continue even though I can get them from hoopla.

message 4: by Alice (new)

Alice | 461 comments I read the first book and it seemed like it was lacking detail and did not follow on in the series.

message 5: by Zermeena (new)

Zermeena | 313 comments I listened to Beaches, Bungalows, and Burglaries (A Camper & Criminals Cozy #1) by Tonya Kappes and Deserts, Driving, & Derelicts (A Camper & Criminals Cozy #2) by Tonya Kappes . I can't say that I really enjoyed either one. The narrator Johanna Parker is one of my favorites, but she sounded like she was sleep-walking through these. I had to turn the speed up to 1.25x to get through them.

The characters were flat and there was no growth in the second book. The mysteries were not very exciting. And the supporting cast was not interesting. On the whole these were disappointing.

Oh well - there are lots of other cozies out there!

message 6: by Julesy (new)

Julesy | 396 comments So far, seems pretty unanimous that this series is pretty blah. 🥱 I wonder if Kappes's other series are any better?

message 7: by Lea (new)

Lea Day | 28 comments Started reading Beaches, Bungalows and Burglaries by Tonya Kappes.

This is my third book by this other and looking forward to it. I have read first two books in her newest series- Stamped Out series.

message 8: by Mark (new)

Mark Baker (carstairs38) | 781 comments I'm glad to see others are having trouble with this series. I read the first one last year, and it failed to hook me as well. Since she is a popular author, I thought it might be me. Guess not.

message 9: by Lea (new)

Lea Day | 28 comments I gave Beaches, Bungalows and Burglaries 4 stars. I enjoyed it, it was what I was expecting. Light summer read and yes campgrounds have a lot of the same people in them. Will be reading next one.

message 10: by Alice (new)

Alice | 461 comments I have a different series by Tonya Kappes. Mocha and Murder (Killer Coffee #2) by Tonya Kappes Mocha and Murder. It was a did not finish for me. It tried. I didn't like the writing style or characters although recipes at end of book look good.

message 11: by Julesy (new)

Julesy | 396 comments Alice wrote: "I have a different series by Tonya Kappes. Mocha and Murder (Killer Coffee #2) by Tonya Kappes Mocha and Murder. It was a did not finish for me. It tried. I didn't like the writing style or chara..."

Kudos to you for giving the author another shot with a different series. That's too bad the series wasn't any better. I think I won't read any more books by this author. I just don't think it will be worth my while.