Beta Reader Group discussion

Critique Partners and Swaps > Soft Sci-Fi Critque Partner & Swap 65K words

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ed (last edited May 27, 2020 09:11AM) (new)

Ed Morawski | 31 comments Completed novel - looking for insights and opinion beffore publishing. Will read yours (No fantasy please) . Sci-fi, thrillers, mystery, horror fine.

In the near future teleportation is a reality, the only problem is that it kills or maims most people who try to use it. Humankind gambled everything on the Passage, hoping to colonize new worlds and relieve the famine sweeping earth.

Now it falls to robots to save the day, the only problem is: can they be trusted?

This is the story of 0ne such robot: Paddy.

message 2: by Dan (new)

Dan Mitchell | 26 comments I'm having problems PM'ing you. I think we are like minded in our writing. I'm willing to swap two chapters to see how we fit.

message 3: by David (new)

David Octavian (inziko) | 58 comments Hi Ed - Let me know if you're interested in swapping your work for a Dark Fantasy novel. It's 155k words but I can only send you the first 65k (same length as your novel). Kindly see below info and let me know via PM if you're interested. Thanks. :)

Genre: Adult Dark Fantasy with Mystery and Horror elements.
Keywords: Prophecy, Kingdom, Mysticism, Dark, Atmospheric

Caleb - a mercenary with a mysterious past - escapes from his prison inside a high dark tower and is tasked with retrieving a long-lost journal which is the last hope for the salvation of his world threatened by a dark prophecy.

I can provide feedback on characters (voice, consistency, personality), worldbuilding (setting, description, exposition), plot, writing style and flow of story.

message 4: by Daniel (new)

Daniel (goodreadscomdaniel_robledo) | 24 comments Hey Ed,

Your book sounds really interesting and I'd very much like to read it. In case you're still interested in doing a beta-read swap, here's what my novel's about:
The Gray Wolf is a neo-western, taking place thousands of years in the future, and is centered around a world weary lawman who, after fourteen years of active service, now has to face his greatest challenge of all... training 3 teenagers.

only the first seven chapters are ready to be read (about 8k word count), but I'm estimating that the total word count will be somewhere between 30k and 45k.

Thanks
Daniel