2022 Reading Challenge discussion

Station Eleven
This topic is about Station Eleven
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
ARCHIVE 2020 > Station Eleven

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by SarahKat, Buddy Reads (new) - rated it 4 stars

SarahKat | 2846 comments This thread is to discuss Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel.

Pages: 336 pages

Length: 1 Month (June)

Participants: Rachael, Allie, Eirelyn, Skumaskot

Everyone reads at their own pace during a Buddy Read. Because participants can be at different parts of the book at different times, it is extremely important to mark spoilers so that the book is not ruined for someone who is not as far along as others!!!

Mark spoilers by placing {spoiler} before the text and {/spoiler} after the text but use the < and > instead of the { and }.

Happy Buddy Reading!

Rachael (allons-y-bookworm) | 3080 comments I'll be starting this in a few days

Rachael (allons-y-bookworm) | 3080 comments I started this today and I must say that the first few chapters remind me of the current world situation

Eirelyn (ladyeirelyn) | 1216 comments I have started 2 other books, so once I finish one of those, I'll start this one! :D

message 5: by Sandra (new) - added it

Sandra (sanjaginev) | 6 comments This one is on my to-read list. I have a few others to read before I start this one.

Eirelyn (ladyeirelyn) | 1216 comments I have begun reading this one & am about 20% of the way through (just finished Ch. 12).

Rachael, I agree about the 1st few chapters! Eerily similar.

I was really into the 1st part (The Theater), as we followed Jeevan and got to know him. His character was developed very well, and I was really into the story itself.

Then, that section ended and A Midsummer Night's Dream began, (view spoiler) So, for me, the book has slowed down significantly. I hope it begins to pick up again and that we get to know these characters a lot better really soon.

Rachael (allons-y-bookworm) | 3080 comments I agree that there are so many characters to keep track (view spoiler)

message 8: by Eirelyn (last edited Jun 15, 2020 08:05PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Eirelyn (ladyeirelyn) | 1216 comments I am through Ch. 17.

The (view spoiler)

How's everyone else getting on?

Eirelyn (ladyeirelyn) | 1216 comments I am through Ch. 43 and enjoying it much more than during my last post.

Okay, they did really delve into the characters, so I'm happy about that. And I'm glad there hasn't been as much focus on (view spoiler).

Eirelyn (ladyeirelyn) | 1216 comments I finished last night! I really enjoyed this book. I thought it started out really well and then got kind of slow after the 1st part. But then it picked back up again and was really good.

I loved that there was so much (view spoiler)

It was really interesting how (view spoiler)

The similarity to current events was really unsettling. But in a way that made the book feel more real. I had similar feelings back in March when I read Bird Box.

message 11: by Fadi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Fadi Kharoufeh (fadireads) | 67 comments This is on my list for 2020 under the genre but probably for August month....

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.