The Nerd Daily Book Club discussion

May: Felix Ever After > Self-Love and Shenanigans

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mimi (new)

Mimi (wherebookscollide) | 39 comments Mod
Fellow Felix-Lovers!

As our first read-along comes to an end, we're getting ready to write up our experience with the first "session" of The Nerd Daily Book Club for the website and now we need you guys :)

When we told Kacen about our book club and asked them about possible discussion questions, they wanted us to each state one thing about ourselves that we love because in their eyes, that's the most important message of Felix Ever After - loving yourself! And we of course want to honor that suggestion and put YOUR replies into the wrap-up article on thenerddaily.com!
So, I ask you guys, what is one (or more) thing(s) you love about yourself?

Don't be shy, don't hesitate - whether it's your sexy ass, the crinkle by your eyes or the snort you make when you laugh as loud as you can - nothing's off the table (also, scratch that first one because whoohey, I did not mean to objectify anyone lol). It can be whatever you want it to be, the way you see the world, that ambition you never really want to show or how much you love and care about your friends - if it's something you love about yourself, we want to hear it!

Please make sure to tell me whether you'd like to be mentioned by name in the article (and if we should include your socials like instagram in which case I'd need your handle/any link you want to be mentioned ;) ) or remain anonymous. Either way, we just want to show some appreciation for how much fun it has been to discuss Felix Ever After with you guys and commemorate our experience!

All the (self-)love,

Simone and Mimi

message 2: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (foreverbookwandering) I LOVE THIS IDEA, though it is worrying that I actually have to think about my answer...doh.

message 3: by Simone (new)

Simone (books_first_) | 68 comments Mod
I’ll just start this off, yeah? Maybe someone will be inspired :)

For me, it’s definitely my veganism. As someone who has a lot of issues especially with themselves, having a belief of doing something 110% the right way is super empowering. That isn’t to say that I judge anyone who doesn’t have the same values, but for me, being so very sure of this one thing in my life makes so many things easier and it makes me feel calm and at home in times where i‘m unsure about literally everything else!

message 4: by clau (new)

clau | 9 comments I LOVE THIS!

What I like about myself is that I am always open to new experiences and I try to live being as free as possible. I love that I am really independent and that this has helped me meet many people and visit many places that have made me grow into the person I am.
I hate having a routine and I always feel the need to be changing aspects of my life. Sometimes it is hard because I can feel stuck when I can’t change my lifestyle as quick as I would like to. But I wouldn’t trade it for anything because thanks to this side of me, in 19 years I’ve done things I never thought I would. And I could also get rid of my extreme shyness that when I was a kid thought was impossible to overcome.

And you can totally use my name😇 Would also love if you wrote my booksta @migrantwords

message 5: by Simone (new)

I love that, Clau ❤️

message 6: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (foreverbookwandering) Clau, that's awesome. I am super independent but I hate change - my gf tried to move my work set up this morning and I wouldn't let her even though it would have been for my benefit, doh 🙈

I love my creativity. I feel like I've always been creative and sometimes I lose it but it always comes back to me and it's something that I feel I've always had whilst other aspects of my personality have changed as I've gotten older. I also love my love of travel because I definitely got that from my dad and even though he's not around anymore, it feels like he's still a part of me. Discovering new favourite places will never get old.

You can use my name and my insta ❤️- @foreverbookwandering

message 7: by Simone (new)

That’s absolutely beautiful <3