Harry Potter discussion

Books > Rereading HP

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Laureen (new)

Laureen | 11 comments How many times have you reread the books? Which book do you reread the most?

message 2: by Laureen (new)

Laureen | 11 comments My family says I'm obsessed (true). I would reread every book as each new book came out and I do a full reread of all the books every few years. I enjoy them each time and usually either learn something new or remember some detail I have forgotten. I reread all of them but I really enjoy learning about Voldemort's past in Book 6 and the interactions with Harry and Dumbledore. I also love rereading the final battle with Harry and Voldemort in Book 7.

message 3: by Julia (new)

Julia | 150 comments I think I have read the series three times, but each book was read to me once before I read them. Deathly Hallows I have read about 5.5 times. (After the first half of the movie came out, I just read the last half of the book.) I also did a re-read in French of every book so as to practice the language!

message 4: by Laureen (new)

Laureen | 11 comments Aria wrote: "I know I sound like I am not telling the truth, but I have read Harry Potter 6 times. I re-read The Prisoner of Azakban the most."

I believe it. I am not even sure how many times I have reread it but I am sure I will reread it again!

message 5: by Harry (new)

Harry  Potter Fan (harrypotterlister) | 2 comments I reread 7 books 3 times.

message 6: by Balu (new)

Balu (balu_reader) | 17 comments I am starting my 2nd re-read of it tomorrow! Anyone interested in buddy reading the series?

message 7: by Cams (new)

Cams | 1 comments Hi! I'm Cams, I just joind the group and I only read the entire saga once and i started my 2nd re-read a couple of weeks ago, i'm currently reading the goblet of fire and it's so exciting, so many details that I missed on the first read, i would love to talk about the books with anybody :)

message 8: by ProngsTheStag (new)

ProngsTheStag | 3 comments Three times

message 9: by Rocio (new)

Rocio Miranda (mrocio) | 2 comments I think I have read each of the seven books about ten times.

message 10: by Dominika (new)

Dominika Piela | 1 comments Three times

message 11: by Rowan (new)

Rowan Colleary | 1 comments I just started my 3rd re-read of the entire series last month, and I’m about to finish Deathly Hallows today. Rereading these books was the best thing I did all quarantine!

message 12: by Keri (new)

Keri | 13 comments I've read the entire series 9 times according to goodreads. I plan to read through again this year as it has been a couple years since the last. I always read the entire series through each time so I haven't read one more than the others but I do tend to favor Order of the Phoenix and Deathly Hallows.

message 13: by Elisia (new)

Elisia I have lost track of how many times I have reread the series. I know, out of all of the books, I have read the first one the most because my parents didn't let me read the second or third one for a year after I read the first one.

message 14: by Sarah (last edited Jan 15, 2021 01:59PM) (new)

Sarah (sarahpotempa) | 18 comments I read the whole series once every year! I start during Band Book Week (since The Sorcerer's Stone is a "band book") and I read till I am done. Some years takes me longer than others. Even though my favorite is Goblet of Fire, I only read each one of them once a year. It is like visiting a friend who lives far away. I did reread all of the books before new ones came out. This will be my 14th year reading the whole series. I love it, my husband thinks I am nuts, LOL!

message 15: by j. m. (new)

j. m.  (jamesons) | 2 comments Oddly I didn't read HP in my childhood. Only in my adult escapes to childhood fantasy reading has it captivated me. I think I read them for the first time somewhere around 2018, after having seen the movies as they came out over the years and finally getting around to it. Needless to say, we've been good friends since, and I'm on my third or fourth complete reread with some occasional rereads to my favorites over the years.

message 16: by Keri (new)

Keri | 13 comments I didn't read them for the first time until 2007 when I was in my 30's. I had seen all the movies (up til then) several times with my kids. Absolutely, loved the books and have since read the series through 9 times and will likely do the 10th read through this year. I love re-reading my favorite books, it is comforting in a way if that makes sense.