What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > YA LGBT novel set in Minneapolis/Uptown MN, male narrator, works in a sunglasses store, is friends with a drag queen

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alex (new)

Alex Lilyana | 1 comments Does anyone know this book?

I read it sometime between 2004-2007

It's set in Minnesota, with a gay main character, who has a female best friend who is infatuated with him, he ends up working in uptown and a sunglasses store, and befriends a drag queen.

Make author, originally self published but then picked up

I believe the cover was shiny or glittery

message 2: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 15786 comments This is driving me nuts, lol.

I'm super familiar with LGBT YA, and I just can't place this book, even though I know I've seen it before. Went through all books in Worldcat with "homosexuality" and "gay" as keywords pubbed from 2000-2008, and nada.

I feel like it's on the tip of my tongue. Was the boy the sole POV character? Was he still in high school? If it was picked up by a major publisher, I should definitely know it. Absolutely Positively Not and Twelve Long Months are set in Minnesota, but it doesn't look like anything else fits.

message 4: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 15786 comments That's the one I was thinking of for sure!

It's set in Minneapolis and all the plot points fit. It's also technically adult fiction, not YA, so no wonder it wasn't coming up when I was searching for juvenile stuff in Worldcat.

message 5: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 15786 comments Still out there, Alex?

I'm positive Kyra found your book.