Play Book Tag discussion

Al Capone Shines My Shoes (tales from Alcatraz, #2)
This topic is about Al Capone Shines My Shoes
Archive: Other Books > Al Capone Shines My Shoes by Gennifer Choldenko 3 stars

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Rachel N. | 1529 comments It's 1935 and Moose Flanagan lives on Alcatraz, which is an operating prison at the time, with his parents and his sister. Moose's dad runs the electric shop and is a guard. Al Capone did Moose a favor in the first book and now Moose owes him. Moose has to figure out how to pay back the favor while dealing with his friendships and his sister who is autistic. This series in enjoyable and is an interesting look into a side of Alcatraz that isn't commonly written about.

message 2: by NancyJ (last edited May 26, 2020 02:45PM) (new) - added it

NancyJ (nancyjjj) | 5575 comments After touring Alcatraz, I started wondering about the families that lived on the island. It looked bleak, but I imagine it was very different with children playing. It sounds interesting.

Rachel N. | 1529 comments NancyJ wrote: "After touring Alcatraz, I started wondering about the families that lived on the island. It looked bleak, but I imagine it was very different with children playing. It sounds interesting."
This is actually the second book in the series. The first Al Capone Does My Shirts also features families living on Alcatraz.