Challenge Corner discussion

The Life and (Medieval) Times of Kit Sweetly
Let's Buddy! - Contemporary > The Life and (Medieval) Times of Kit Sweetly by Jamie Pacton -> Starting June 4th, 2020

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 5 stars

Alaina (ameserole) | 51738 comments Mod
Working as a wench ― i.e. waitress ― at a cheesy medieval-themed restaurant in the Chicago suburbs, Kit Sweetly dreams of being a knight like her brother. She has the moves, is capable on a horse, and desperately needs the raise that comes with knighthood, so she can help her mom pay the mortgage and hold a spot at her dream college.

Company policy allows only guys to be knights. So when Kit takes her brother’s place and reveals her identity at the end of the show, she rockets into internet fame and a whole lot of trouble with the management. But the Girl Knight won’t go down without a fight. As other wenches join her quest, a protest forms. In a joust before Castle executives, they’ll prove that gender restrictions should stay medieval―if they don’t get fired first.

Moxie meets A Knight’s Tale as Kit Sweetly slays sexism, bad bosses, and bad luck to become a knight at a medieval-themed restaurant.

message 2: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 5 stars

starting this one now!

message 3: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ch 10: (view spoiler)

message 4: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ch 20: (view spoiler)

message 5: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ch 30: (view spoiler)

message 6: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 5 stars

Finished: (view spoiler)

message 7: by Kelly (last edited Jun 18, 2020 08:50AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kelly | 3503 comments I can't believe I forgot about this BR!! I'm so sorry. Let me read this book real quick. I have nothing to do today so I should be able to do it. I wish I had the audiobook though. I didn't find it anywhere.

Kelly | 3503 comments Chapter 3 (view spoiler)

message 9: by Kelly (last edited Jun 22, 2020 12:22PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kelly | 3503 comments Chapter 15 (view spoiler)

message 10: by Kelly (last edited Jun 23, 2020 01:03PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kelly | 3503 comments Chapter 23 - (view spoiler)

Kelly | 3503 comments Chapter 35 (view spoiler)

Finished - (view spoiler)

Kelly | 3503 comments Alaina wrote: "Ch 30: [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

message 13: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kelly wrote: "Chapter 3 [spoilers removed]"

LOL I didn't even think about that but then again, I have watched all the episodes of that show.

message 14: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kelly wrote: "Chapter 15 [spoilers removed]"

They were really cute :)

message 15: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kelly wrote: "Chapter 23 - [spoilers removed]"

Ugh, yes he was awful in the dad department and they were better off without him.

message 16: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kelly wrote: "Chapter 35 [spoilers removed]

Finished - [spoilers removed]"

LOL yeah that was a bit awkward! Glad you liked the book :) I thought it was really cute and I didn't mind the knight stuff but was all about them going above and beyond when it comes to gender roles.