Challenge Corner discussion

The Summoning (The Vampire Trials #1)
This topic is about The Summoning
Let's Buddy! - Series > Vampire Trials Series by Storm Song -> Starting June 8th, 2020

Comments Showing 1-37 of 37 (37 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 4 stars

Alaina (ameserole) | 58017 comments Mod
Drax. Colt. Finn.

The three vampire bad boys that have been terrorizing the night life of this city since they were old enough to know what a party was. On top of being insanely rich and handsomely supernatural there's one more thing that makes them untouchable- they're next in line to rule this city.

For the last hundred years humans have been at the bottom of the food chain since the rise of supernaturals, and in our city vampires rule the roost.

Divided into three different triads, each section of the city has a vampire governor who is fit to do as he pleases.

Drax, Colt, and Finn are next in line for those thrones.

To keep their subjects in line every five years they do a purge where every adult man is fair game for any vampire to feed on for twentyfour hours. To determine which traids need to partake in the purge and which one will be exempt, three people from each triad are summoned to participate in a sick and twisted game to survive. The winner gets to guarantee safety for their community.

The losers die.

For years I had kept my head down, followed every triad law, and focused on keeping my mother alive. But an announcement that women will now be included in the summoning turns my world upside down.

The first person to be summoned from triad three is me.

I came into this prepared to fight for my life, but what I didn't expect to fight was the city's supernatural playboys' sick attraction to me.

In the Vampire Trials only one thing matters to me- getting home to my mom. And when I say I'd do anything to get there, I mean it.

❀ Crystal ✿ -  PEACE ☮ LOVE ♥ BOOKS  (crystaldc18) | 3745 comments 27% (view spoiler)

message 3: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 4 stars

oh man I'm so behind on BR's! I'm still trying to catch up from mine for last week! Hopefully I can get to this tomorrow!

❀ Crystal ✿ -  PEACE ☮ LOVE ♥ BOOKS  (crystaldc18) | 3745 comments No worries. It’s a really quick read so you’ll fly through it I’m sure. Let me know if you wanted to read the second book too. I have a feeling this is going to end with a cliffy lol

message 5: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 4 stars

Will do! Wait you already finished this one? I only see one comment lol

❀ Crystal ✿ -  PEACE ☮ LOVE ♥ BOOKS  (crystaldc18) | 3745 comments No not yet but I know I’ll finish it soon lol

❀ Crystal ✿ -  PEACE ☮ LOVE ♥ BOOKS  (crystaldc18) | 3745 comments 66% (view spoiler)

❀ Crystal ✿ -  PEACE ☮ LOVE ♥ BOOKS  (crystaldc18) | 3745 comments 89% (view spoiler)

❀ Crystal ✿ -  PEACE ☮ LOVE ♥ BOOKS  (crystaldc18) | 3745 comments Finished
(view spoiler)

message 10: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 4 stars

starting this one now!!

message 11: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 4 stars

30%: (view spoiler)

message 12: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 4 stars

❀ Crystal ✿ - wrote: "27% [spoilers removed]"

Ha YES! Getting those vibes.

message 13: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 4 stars

51%: (view spoiler)

message 14: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 4 stars

78%: (view spoiler)

message 15: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 4 stars

100%: (view spoiler)

message 16: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 4 stars

Omg that was a quick read!! Did you want to read the next book too??

❀ Crystal ✿ -  PEACE ☮ LOVE ♥ BOOKS  (crystaldc18) | 3745 comments Alaina wrote: "Omg that was a quick read!! Did you want to read the next book too??"

I kinda sorta already read it 😳😒 but I did BR it in another group so I can always add my comments if that’s allowed 🤔🤷🏼‍♀️

message 18: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 4 stars

😂😂 okay. I’ll make this into the series thread after my shower!

❀ Crystal ✿ -  PEACE ☮ LOVE ♥ BOOKS  (crystaldc18) | 3745 comments Lol no rush. If you thought the first one was fast, be prepared because the second one took maybe two hours tops. And be prepared for a cliffy from HELL 🤓

message 20: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ughhhhh lol can’t wait!

message 21: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 4 stars

Okay changed it to a series thread! I can't wait to read this but first - scores!

❀ Crystal ✿ -  PEACE ☮ LOVE ♥ BOOKS  (crystaldc18) | 3745 comments The Vampire Trials The Darkening by Storm Song
25% (view spoiler)

❀ Crystal ✿ -  PEACE ☮ LOVE ♥ BOOKS  (crystaldc18) | 3745 comments 51% (view spoiler)

❀ Crystal ✿ -  PEACE ☮ LOVE ♥ BOOKS  (crystaldc18) | 3745 comments 88% (view spoiler)

❀ Crystal ✿ -  PEACE ☮ LOVE ♥ BOOKS  (crystaldc18) | 3745 comments Finished (view spoiler)

message 26: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 4 stars

oo I can't wait to read your comments! just trying to finish a book that I've already started before I dive into it! Do you know when the third book will be coming out?

❀ Crystal ✿ -  PEACE ☮ LOVE ♥ BOOKS  (crystaldc18) | 3745 comments I think September unfortunately. But then again it’ll be here before we know it lol. Can’t wait to see if your reactions will be like mine 🤓

message 28: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 4 stars

The Vampire Trials The Darkening by Storm Song
Ch 7: (view spoiler)

message 29: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ch 14: (view spoiler)

message 30: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ch 21: (view spoiler)

❀ Crystal ✿ -  PEACE ☮ LOVE ♥ BOOKS  (crystaldc18) | 3745 comments Alaina wrote: "Ch 14: [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

message 32: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 4 stars

Finished: (view spoiler)

message 33: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 4 stars

❀ Crystal ✿ - wrote: "Alaina wrote: "Ch 14: [spoilers removed]"

[spoilers removed]"

Hahah true

❀ Crystal ✿ -  PEACE ☮ LOVE ♥ BOOKS  (crystaldc18) | 3745 comments Alaina wrote: "Finished: [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

message 35: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 4 stars

❀ Crystal ✿ - wrote: "Alaina wrote: "Finished: [spoilers removed]"

Ummm yea talk about a shitty ending right?!?!?! I'm still angry over this and I read it a few books ago now lol

Plus did you run into the same snag I..."

Uhhh yes. Like why ya gottta torture me

❀ Crystal ✿ -  PEACE ☮ LOVE ♥ BOOKS  (crystaldc18) | 3745 comments For realz that was just unacceptable lol

message 37: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 4 stars

So mean 😂