dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Freya, Dragon Rider (new)

Freya (flamecat) | 1780 comments Mod
The winners for June's BotMs are:

FANTASY: The Fellowship of the Ring

SCIENCE-FICTION: Scythe

Happy reading! :)

message 2: by N.E.C.C. (new)

N.E.C.C. | 115 comments I'm probably gonna read Scythe because i read The Fellowship of the Ring a couple of months ago.

Scythe is one of those books that never quite fully grabbed my attention but know seems a good moment to pick it up :D

message 3: by Mary (new)

Mary Catelli | 1177 comments You can comment without re-reading it. We won't assume your memory is THAT bad. 0:)

message 4: by N.E.C.C. (new)

N.E.C.C. | 115 comments Mary wrote: "You can comment without re-reading it. We won't assume your memory is THAT bad. 0:)"

Hahaha i know, i've done it before, it was just a comment :D

message 5: by Audrey, Queen of the Potato People (new)

Audrey (niceyackerman) | 2767 comments Mod
I found Scythe very underwhelming.

I'm going to try to get the audio for Fellowship, but there are a lot of holds on it.

Littlebookterror | 3 comments I will try to do both but we'll see how it goes since its been a while since I've been reading in my usual rhythm.

message 7: by Vinca (new)

Vinca Russell (vinxlady) | 1266 comments I think a few of us picked up Scythe when it was a cheap Kindle deal a couple of weeks ago so the timing works well for me!

message 8: by Fannie (new)

Fannie D'Ascola | 397 comments My public library should reopen next week so I might be able to get Scythe.

message 9: by Roger, Knight Radiant (new)

Roger | 1988 comments Mod
Fannie wrote: "My public library should reopen next week so I might be able to get Scythe."

I just found out mine is doing curbside pickup on holds, I'm beyond excited. I'm going to try to go back and read a few of the fantasy ones I have missed. May checkout The Stand as well

message 10: by Audrey, Queen of the Potato People (new)

That's what my library is doing. It is incredibly exciting.

message 11: by Sandy (last edited Jun 05, 2020 12:58PM) (new)

Sandy | 1636 comments Mine too. I am glad to hear that others find this exciting. Mine won't transfer between libraries yet but I can order and pick up anything they have available currently.

They first delivered what has been out on order - then we can order from the library. I finally got the The Amulet of Samarkand which was ordered for the BOM before this mess all started. They have said that they will stage the books in drop off for 72 hours then allow them to be checked out again. I also stage them at home as people have obviously handled them to get them to me. A bit of return to normalcy. Yay!

message 12: by Audrey, Queen of the Potato People (new)

My library is quarantining returned materials for 72 hours, I think, but they are sending holds to different branches.