What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

There Will Be Lies
This topic is about There Will Be Lies
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Science fiction/realistic fiction (YA) girl goes on roadtrip with mother, also is taken to a science fiction/fantasy land to defeat a monster. [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Isabella (new)

Isabella | 4 comments i found this book around two years ago. If the libraries were open i would be able to find it again, but as they aren't, i am attempting to find it online.

*SPOILERS*

I am about 85% sure this book had a really beautiful but simplistic cover of yellow and black. It seemed to take place in the modern day, and was written in English. I don't remember much about the author.
I remember a girl and her mother were living in a desert type state, (Arizona? Texas?) in a house. For reasons I don't remember they took a roadtrip of sorts, or maybe they were moving. I remember that this girl would enter this science fiction type land whenever she fell asleep. She was guided by this large animal, I think it was a wolf, whenever she was in this land, and she frequently saw the animal when she was awake too. In the real world her mother and her were travelling, and they eventually met a man who stopped and ate with them at one point. Whenever the girl entered the land she had to travel towards this castle, where at the end she defeated some great enemy. I think there was a scene near a canyon, but I may be wrong so don't let that make or break it if you think you found it.
I have tried every word combo possible in Google to try and find this book, but to no avail. It was weird and slightly hard to follow, but it was different from most books i've read and that is why I want to find it. I appreciate the help.

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35106 comments Mod
There Will Be Lies by Nick Lake There Will Be Lies by Nick Lake?

Search = LibraryThing.com > tagmash > coyote,dreams,fantasy,young+adult

Could the animal be a coyote, not a wolf?

message 3: by Isabella (new)

Isabella | 4 comments Yes! That is the book! Thank you so much

message 4: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35106 comments Mod
Great. You're welcome, Isabella. Glad you found your book.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

There Will Be Lies (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Nick Lake (other topics)