What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > 1980's Mills & Boon Contemporary Romance Set In England The Heroine Has Short Black Hair And Green Eyes

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Christine (new)

Christine Gorton | 95 comments I read a Mills & Boon novel in the 1980's. It is contemporary set in England during the 1970's or 1980's. I don't remember the title, I don't remember the author, and I don't remember any character names.

What I do remember is that the heroine has short black hair and green eyes. She is very beautiful.

The heroine and hero meet at a party. She is rich (or has a rich family), and she runs with a rich and fast crowd. She sleeps around and has emotional problems due to a traumatic event. She is emotionally cold. She doesn't want to be close to or love anyone. She is frightened of feeling any emotions.

The hero follows the heroine around from party to party, etc, etc. She enters into an affair with him, but if I remember correctly she tells him it isn't serious, and she isn't looking for a serious relationship or an attachment. She will sleep with him, but that's it.

She pretends she doesn't care about anyone.

That's all I remember atm.

I have been looking for this book for years. I have done internest searches on google, Amazon, Goodreads, Open Library, Fiction DB.

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 33251 comments Mod
Christine, that's a good start. Please add more plot details to the topic header (title). We have thousands of romance requests.

Click the small "edit" link after the header. This only works on the full Desktop website - not the Mobile website or app. (On the Mobile website, there's a "Desktop version" link at the bottom of the page.)