Grimoire (RP) discussion

The Old Oak Clearing

Comments Showing 1-50 of 51 (51 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

geoflame || inactive :( (ummmmmmmmmmm) | 214 comments A small clearing overshadowed by trees, near a brook with natural stepping stones and a large oak tree. from the oak tree hang thousands of empty glass bottles and other bottles with with slips of paper inside.
the tree has many names. some call it the wishing tree, others call it the knowing tree, and even others call it the tree of secrets. but everyone knows and agrees that when you have a wish, a dream, or something you're not ready to share, you write it down, put it in a bottle, and ties the bottle to the tree with twine. when that wish comes true, when the secret gets out, you return to the tree and take the paper out, leaving the bottle for the tree.

message 2: by kylee (new)

kylee (don’t invite me to groups please i’m begging) | 0 comments (ooo pretty)

geoflame || inactive :( (ummmmmmmmmmm) | 214 comments {{this is where king takes lance o-o}}

message 4: by kylee (new)

kylee (don’t invite me to groups please i’m begging) | 0 comments (okie! you gonna start or me?)

geoflame || inactive :( (ummmmmmmmmmm) | 214 comments {{oops, sorry! i'll do it}}

King stepped into the clearing, taking a deep breath of the fresh summer air. He listened to the faint clinking of glasses and the burbling of the brook, the tweeting of birds and the chittering of squirrels and chipmunks, punctuated by the occasional shriek as a bird or chipmunk was mauled by the surprisingly abundant pine marten population. He reluctantly put out the fire, since the sun was bright enough to light the area, and looked back at Lance, beaming.

message 6: by kylee (new)

kylee (don’t invite me to groups please i’m begging) | 0 comments Lance squinted as he stepped into the light, but once he saw what was in front of him he forgot all about the light, his eyes widening. He dropped his hands from the straps of his backpack and gasped. “This place is... woah...” he murmured.
(this seems a very otherworldly vibe of a place, so is it fine if there are some fae creatures here, but in hiding?)

geoflame || inactive :( (ummmmmmmmmmm) | 214 comments {{oh there are definitely fae creatures here. probably lots actually, now that i think about it.}}

message 8: by kylee (new)

kylee (don’t invite me to groups please i’m begging) | 0 comments (oh fantastic, lance is gonna get a kick outta this)

geoflame || inactive :( (ummmmmmmmmmm) | 214 comments "Yeah, it is," King agreed. He stepped further into the clearing, reaching out a hand for Lance. "The tree is the best, you have to come see it up close," he urged, flicking his hair off his shoulder and fixing his glasses.

message 10: by kylee (new)

kylee (don’t invite me to groups please i’m begging) | 0 comments Lance held onto King’s hand and followed after him, peering closer to the tree. He noticed small blue mushrooms at the base, a faint glow around it, telling him that they were of the fae world. “Interesting,” he whispered.

geoflame || inactive :( (ummmmmmmmmmm) | 214 comments King pointed up at the slowly swaying bottles, not noticing Lance's glance at the mushrooms. "They're wishes," he explained, "wishes and secrets. "You put 'em, up there and then you take out the paper once they've come true or been told." King grabbed a branch and used it to hoist himself up, quickly pressing his feet against the trunk of the tree. He held his hands at the fork of two large branched and pulled himself up more, so he was sitting there. "Can you climb trees?" he asked Lance.

message 12: by kylee (new)

kylee (don’t invite me to groups please i’m begging) | 0 comments Lance shrugged, dropping his backpack on the ground lightly so he wouldn’t break anything, even though he phone was already cracked. “I can try.” He avoided the mushrooms as he lifted himself off the ground, his feet against the trunk. He moved from limb to limb and eventually reached where King was, slightly out of breath.

geoflame || inactive :( (ummmmmmmmmmm) | 214 comments King leaned back against the tree and looked up at the sky through the branches, watching colored light beam down through colored bottles. He glanced at Lance. "It's beautiful, isn't it?" he breathed. "Somewhere up there, on one of the higher branches, my brother and I both have wishes. He has a secret too, but he hasn't told me yet."

message 14: by kylee (new)

kylee (don’t invite me to groups please i’m begging) | 0 comments He nodded, but he wasn’t looking up. Lance was looking at King, seeing the colored light on his face. “How many bottles are even up here? And like- how old are some of them? They must be ages, because some people, y’know, forget or something,” he rambled on, getting all the thoughts out of his head.

geoflame || inactive :( (ummmmmmmmmmm) | 214 comments "Mhmm," King affirmed, "When were were putting ours up, Jess and I saw one so old, the writing was in Latin!" He frowned. "Now that I think about it, I'm not sure how it got here since this isn't Europe-" He was interrupted by a bottle on a string appearing right above hid head and nearly hitting him in the face. "Wha-"

{{tree is everywhere. tree exists in multiple places at in once. magic magic magic tree.}}

geoflame || inactive :( (ummmmmmmmmmm) | 214 comments {{also do you like harry potter?}}

message 17: by kylee (new)

kylee (don’t invite me to groups please i’m begging) | 0 comments (not really? i tried and couldn’t get into it, i only like the starkid version and the cursed child, sorry)

message 18: by kylee (new)

kylee (don’t invite me to groups please i’m begging) | 0 comments Lance flinched when it appeared, very confused. “What the heck?”

geoflame || inactive :( (ummmmmmmmmmm) | 214 comments {{fair i guess. since you liked the cursed child, did you like the world-building?}}
"I- It just appeared! I'm not sure-" The bottle hit him in the back of the head as it swung back around. "Ow!"
He rubbed the back of his head, snatching the bottle out of the air. "What's- what's going on?" he asked, mostly just to himself.

message 20: by kylee (new)

kylee (don’t invite me to groups please i’m begging) | 0 comments Lance held his hand out for the bottle. “Could I um.. look at it?” he asked.
(i liked the style of the writing, characters, and how different it is from the harry potter series)

geoflame || inactive :( (ummmmmmmmmmm) | 214 comments {{got it. my point probably doesn't apply then, but if you want to check your group invites anyways i won't stop you. (view spoiler)}}
King nodded and swung the bottle over to him. "Try not to untie it thought, people say it's bad luck," he warned, still nursing the ache in the back of his head.

message 22: by kylee (new)

kylee (don’t invite me to groups please i’m begging) | 0 comments Lance nodded, taking the bottle delicately in his hands. He rotated it around, noticing a faint glow just like the mushrooms at the base of the tree. “Well, that explains how it appeared,” he said to himself.
(i know some people who got to see it and they loved it so much. it’d be awesome to see but it does take two shows to get through it)

geoflame || inactive :( (ummmmmmmmmmm) | 214 comments {{yeah. it was even a long read despite being in script form. took me almost 2 hours to finish}}
"How it- do you know what's happening?" King asked, leaning over to look at the bottle with Lance. He saw nothing out of the ordinary, except maybe the fact that it had randomly appeared.

message 24: by kylee (new)

kylee (don’t invite me to groups please i’m begging) | 0 comments Lance nodded slightly. “It’s hard to explain if you can’t see it...” he said, then brightened up. “But there’s a way you can! Only for a day though, i’m not as strong as my mom.”

geoflame || inactive :( (ummmmmmmmmmm) | 214 comments "Uh, okay," he nodded. "Sure. So long as it doesn't hurt. It doesn't hurt, right?" King pushed his glasses up so he could see properly, glancing at Lance.

message 26: by kylee (new)

kylee (don’t invite me to groups please i’m begging) | 0 comments Lance shook his head fast. “Not at all! It makes your eyes and brain feel tingly, but it’s not the worst thing ever. But uh- it might be weird um...” He said awkwardly.

geoflame || inactive :( (ummmmmmmmmmm) | 214 comments "It's fine, I want to be able to see whatever you're seeing," King said, scooting closer to Lance, careful not to fall off the branch they were both perched on.

message 28: by kylee (new)

kylee (don’t invite me to groups please i’m begging) | 0 comments Lance blushed and cupped King’s face. “Sorry ‘bout this,” he said, and kissed his forehead. It was how his mom showed him the other world, and it’s the only way he knew how to do it. Immediately the effects kick in, starting at the place he kissed, then moving to his eyes.

geoflame || inactive :( (ummmmmmmmmmm) | 214 comments {{quick question. since lance is like, fae blessed or whatever the proper term is, would he also show up on this faedar (as i have nicknamed it in my head)?}}

message 30: by kylee (new)

kylee (don’t invite me to groups please i’m begging) | 0 comments (I think yes, but it’s not strong. his mom gave him some of her power to protect from the fae, but not enough because she’s selfish and wants as much power as she can)

message 31: by geoflame || inactive :( (last edited May 24, 2020 05:16PM) (new)

geoflame || inactive :( (ummmmmmmmmmm) | 214 comments {{of course. >:| bad mom}}
King would have had questions about the method of.. whatever that was, had his face not felt like it had fallen asleep the way your arms and legs do if you lean on them too long. He opened his mouth to say something but the words caught in his throat. Lance was glittering slightly, which was not what he had expected at all. After a second, King remembered why this had all happened in the first place, and glanced at the bottle. It was shimmering even more than Lance, and as he glanced around, so were a several of the bottles. Not enough so that you would notice it was any more than sunlight and glass unless you looked closely, or weren't able to see it before and could therefore notice the difference. Now that King had spotted it though, it was unmistakable. "So this is what you do," he mused, looking back at Lance once he realized he's said it out loud.

message 32: by kylee (new)

kylee (don’t invite me to groups please i’m begging) | 0 comments Lance nodded, staring at his hands in his lap. “I tune most of it out though, but I try and practice daily. But uh- sorry ‘bout that.” He didn’t glow through his eyes, but he knew King could see it. Just like how he saw his mom shine bright the few times he saw her.

message 33: by kylee (new)

kylee (don’t invite me to groups please i’m begging) | 0 comments (very bad mom >:(

geoflame || inactive :( (ummmmmmmmmmm) | 214 comments "Don't- um, don't be sorry," King said, brushing his hair out of his eyes so he could stare up at the trees. "Why," he began, "Why is all this sparkling? What does it mean?" he asked, still in awe.

message 35: by kylee (new)

kylee (don’t invite me to groups please i’m begging) | 0 comments “It’s what happens when worlds blend together. Here and the fae realm. Obviously there’s more than that, but that’s all I know. My mom probably knows more than me, but she’d never tell me that,” Lance explained and shrugged.

message 36: by kylee (new)

kylee (don’t invite me to groups please i’m begging) | 0 comments Lance heard rustling in the tree, and clinking of the bottles as a creature scrabbled towards him. A small little head popped out of the leaves above him, and Lance sighed. “Avita, what are you doing here?” He asked her, leaning back.
The little fae squeaked in answer, dropping down into Lance’s lap.
“You know I can’t understand you,” he responded.

message 37: by kylee (new)

kylee (don’t invite me to groups please i’m begging) | 0 comments (hello?)

geoflame || inactive :( (ummmmmmmmmmm) | 214 comments {{i'm so sorry, i never got the notif}}

"What- what's that?" King asked, more surprised than disturbed.

{{hi sorry this is terrible i'll add more t it later but i currently have a bit of writers block}}

message 39: by kylee (last edited May 27, 2020 11:18AM) (new)

kylee (don’t invite me to groups please i’m begging) | 0 comments (it’s fine dude! don’t worry about it)

Lance sighed as the small creature looked up at King. “King, this is Avita. I don’t know how I know that’s her name, because she doesn’t talk, but it’s her name. She follows me around for whatever reason.” Avita grinned at the sound of her name, showing off her pointed teeth.

geoflame || inactive :( (ummmmmmmmmmm) | 214 comments "Hi Avita," King said cautiously. "I'm King. I'm um-" he glanced at Lance and took a deep breath. "I'm a friend of Lance's."

{{again, sorry for late response. i'm trying to be better}}

message 41: by kylee (new)

kylee (don’t invite me to groups please i’m begging) | 0 comments (it’s fine! i’ve been busy binge watching a tv show so don’t worry about it!)
Avita squeaked in response, crawling out of Lance’s lap and standing on the branch, holding out a hand for King to shake. Lance rolled his eyes. “Where’d you learn that? I thought i told you to stay away from busier places.” Avita’s elongated ear flicked at Lance’s words but she ignored him.

geoflame || inactive :( (ummmmmmmmmmm) | 214 comments King shook Avita's hand gingerly. He pushed his hair behind his ears, as it was falling into his face and he looked down at Avita. "She's- um. Wha- who are you?" he asked Avita, although he looked at Lance as he said it.

message 43: by kylee (new)

kylee (don’t invite me to groups please i’m begging) | 0 comments Lance shrugged awkwardly. “She’s Fae? One of the only I’ve met, since they hate it over here, but I didn’t know they were ever this small. I only really know her name.” Avita grinned again, her wings fluttering slightly. “But don’t put your hand too close to her face, she will bite. And it hurts. A lot,” He said, knowing from experience.

geoflame || inactive :( (ummmmmmmmmmm) | 214 comments King retracted his hand carefully. "Fae. What does that mean?" he asked. "I mean, I have some ideas but I don't want to say them in case they're offensive," he explained, directing the comment at both of them.

message 45: by kylee (new)

kylee (don’t invite me to groups please i’m begging) | 0 comments “You know the Brane Theory, where there’s universes stacked on top of each other? The fae world is one of those. They’re creatures unlike everything here, and they enter this world through tears in our universe. I’m not fae, if you’re thinking that,” Lance said quickly. “My mom made a deal with one of them for power, and some of it was transferred to me.”
(shout out to my irl friend who talked about this at lunch a couple months back) (the theory, not the fae world lmao)

geoflame || inactive :( (ummmmmmmmmmm) | 214 comments "That's... super badass!" King shouted. Had he not been in a tree he likely would have set his hair on fire. "Can you like, do stuff?" he asked, scooting closer to Lance. "I mean, if you don't mind me asking."

message 47: by kylee (new)

kylee (don’t invite me to groups please i’m begging) | 0 comments “Uh- like what?” Lance asked, his ears reddening. “I normally just deal in wards and written magic, but there’s other stuff i know.”

geoflame || inactive :( (ummmmmmmmmmm) | 214 comments "I mean, you already do more than I do. I just make fire, which is really cool don't get me wrong, but the thing you do is also cool. Also- wait, uh sorry I forgot what I was going to say..."

message 49: by kylee (new)

kylee (don’t invite me to groups please i’m begging) | 0 comments Lance chuckled, his nose scrunching. “It’s fine! I forget most things.”

geoflame || inactive :( (ummmmmmmmmmm) | 214 comments "Uh-huh. What were we talking about?" King asked, tilting his head.

« previous 1