What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Contemporary Romance, Hero has a workshop out the back of his house (sells expensive carpentry pieces), well known

Comments Showing 1-48 of 48 (48 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Moira (new)

Moira (11moira) | 253 comments Hi, need help with this book but don't remember much!

It was probably written in the last 10 years and I feel like it's going to be really obvious, like an Emma Chase book or something similar, but none of the synopsis stood out.

What I remember is that the hero had a massive building/barn out the back of his house that he did carpentry in. He sold his pieces for massive money but don't think it was his job just a 'hobby'.
I think the heroine had a kid but not sure about that.

All guesses welcome!

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35148 comments Mod
Moira, does he build furniture or sculpture (art) out of wood?

Does "well known" in the header refer to the author or the hero's carpentry work?

How did the couple meet? What's her job?

message 3: by Moira (new)

Moira (11moira) | 253 comments He makes furniture I think, I remember something about a table.

Both, I feel like the author is going to be a well known one and the carpenters work was known and that he was commissioned to make pieces. Again not 100% sure.

Can't remember anything about how the couple met, or what she did.

message 4: by Kris (new)

Thanks. Added "sells expensive carpentry pieces" to the topic header. Feel free to update it.

message 5: by Moira (new)

Moira (11moira) | 253 comments Kris wrote: "Thanks. Added "sells expensive carpentry pieces" to the topic header. Feel free to update it."

Thanks, scrolling through my shelves hoping something will jump out at me!

message 6: by Ann (last edited Jul 07, 2020 01:40PM) (new)

Ann | 535 comments Falling for Her by Debbie Macomber? Or maybe one of the other books in her Rose Harbor series Debbie Macomber Collection Rose Harbor 5 Books Set?

message 7: by Moira (new)

Moira (11moira) | 253 comments No, haven't read any of her books, thanks for the suggestions.

Amber (Daisymau) (daisymau) | 1261 comments It sounds like Silver Thaw by Catherine Anderson.

message 9: by Moira (new)

Moira (11moira) | 253 comments No, haven't read any of her books either but it does sound interesting, thanks.

message 10: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39296 comments Mod
Moira, you have 228 comments in the group and a private profile, which means moderators have no way to see how many threads you've started. At some point soon, we may be asking members with lots of comments and a private profile to unprivate their profiles - so we can see the threads you've started.

message 11: by Moira (new)

Moira (11moira) | 253 comments Oh, didn't even know it was on private, probably been that way for the last 10 years! Is there going to be a limit to posts and comments?

message 12: by Kris (new)

No limit to posts and comments when you select "Goodreads members" for "Who Can View My Profile." Only people signed in to Goodreads can view your profile AND moderators can manage your requests more efficiently.

message 13: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39296 comments Mod
Thanks for unprivating your profile!

message 14: by Tina (new)

Tina | 128 comments In The Search by Nora Roberts, the hero is a furniture maker. High quality stuff and is famous-ish. He and the heroine have sex on one of his tables.

message 15: by Moira (new)

Moira (11moira) | 253 comments Tina wrote: "In The Search by Nora Roberts, the hero is a furniture maker. High quality stuff and is famous-ish. He and the heroine have sex on one of his tables."

No, haven't read any of Nora's books; I feel like the author might have a smaller back catalogue. Thanks for the guess.

message 16: by HappyBookWorm2020 (last edited Jun 21, 2020 05:43PM) (new)

HappyBookWorm2020 | 12 comments Moira wrote: "Tina wrote: "In The Search by Nora Roberts, the hero is a furniture maker. High quality stuff and is famous-ish. He and the heroine have sex on one of his tables."

No, haven't read ..."

Have you ever read Barbara Longley's Close to Perfect series? There is a disabled veteran who starts up a furniture making business with another man. He was originally doing it as a hobby or therapy - sorry, it's been a while since I read the series but I loved every book. The business is referred to in several of the books, I think it starts in book 1. The heroine has a child.

Far from Perfect

message 17: by Moira (new)

Moira (11moira) | 253 comments HappyBookWorm2020 wrote: "Moira wrote: "Tina wrote: "In The Search by Nora Roberts, the hero is a furniture maker. High quality stuff and is famous-ish. He and the heroine have sex on one of his tables."

No,..."

No, haven't read any of hers either! Thanks for the guess.

For some reason I keep thinking along the lines of a Claudia Connor, so I've started to reread hers but so far no luck.

message 18: by MJ (new)

MJ | 1382 comments I remember one with a war vet who had a service dog. H’s brother was on hockey team with h’s brother and h ended up working in H’s office after she ran into his bike and her rich parents cut her off.

HappyBookWorm2020 | 12 comments Moira wrote: "Hi, need help with this book but don't remember much!

It was probably written in the last 10 years and I feel like it's going to be really obvious, like an Emma Chase book or something similar, bu..."

Was she afraid of her ex? I can't remember the book title or author, but that just rang a bell. She was renting an apartment from the hero.

message 20: by Moira (new)

Moira (11moira) | 253 comments MJ wrote: "I remember one with a war vet who had a service dog. H’s brother was on hockey team with h’s brother and h ended up working in H’s office after she ran into his bike and her rich parents cut her off."

This doesn't sound familiar but does sound like a book I'd read!

message 21: by Moira (new)

Moira (11moira) | 253 comments HappyBookWorm2020 wrote: "Moira wrote: "Hi, need help with this book but don't remember much!

It was probably written in the last 10 years and I feel like it's going to be really obvious, like an Emma Chase book or somethi..."

Hmm can't remember if the ex played a part or if she was renting from the hero!! Really can't remember much else, sorry!

message 22: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 614 comments this sounds familiar - maybe carolyn brown? was the heroine a widow?

message 24: by Sinead (new)

Sinead (sineadwv) | 11 comments Only romance book that I've read where the hero makes furniture. Finally

message 25: by Moira (new)

Moira (11moira) | 253 comments Dee wrote: "The Ladies' Room"

No, haven't read any of her books. Thanks for guessing.

message 26: by Moira (new)

Moira (11moira) | 253 comments Sinead wrote: "Only romance book that I've read where the hero makes furniture. Finally"

Unfortunately not, only on book 5 in the series! :( thanks for the guess.

message 27: by Moira (new)

Moira (11moira) | 253 comments I got distracted by new releases so need to get back to rereading some books! :)

message 28: by Amber (Daisymau) (new)

Amber (Daisymau) (daisymau) | 1261 comments HappyBookWorm2020 wrote: "Moira wrote: "Hi, need help with this book but don't remember much!

It was probably written in the last 10 years and I feel like it's going to be really obvious, like an Emma Chase book or somethi..."

I know that in Silver Thaw the h was hiding from the abusive ex-husband. She was renting the house next door to the H, but he wasn't the landlord.

message 29: by Monica (new)

Monica (marticles) | 162 comments Did one of them (the guy, I think) live with a mother with dementia? I'm not sure if that one is the same or different than the one that's tickling at my brain. I think it's part of a series, set in a small (possibly coastal) town. There were several I read at about the same time, and I'm not sure how much I'm mixing them together in my mind.

message 30: by Moira (new)

Moira (11moira) | 253 comments Amber (Daisymau) wrote: "HappyBookWorm2020 wrote: "Moira wrote: "Hi, need help with this book but don't remember much!

It was probably written in the last 10 years and I feel like it's going to be really obvious, like an ..."

No don't think I've read any of hers! Thanks for the guess though.

message 31: by Moira (new)

Moira (11moira) | 253 comments Marticles wrote: "Did one of them (the guy, I think) live with a mother with dementia? I'm not sure if that one is the same or different than the one that's tickling at my brain. I think it's part of a series, set i..."

Don't recall anything about a mother with dementia.
I think it might be part of a series as well but like yourself I read a lot and they're all mixing together!!

message 32: by Anna (new)

Anna Rae | 96 comments Hi! I think I might be looking for the same book. Is it possible the heroine becomes the hero’s neighbor at the beginning of the book?
I definitely remember he made custom wood tables and she loved one of them.
Also, they didn’t get along at first.

message 33: by JennyG (new)

JennyG | 550 comments Do you remember the book cover?

message 34: by Moira (new)

Moira (11moira) | 253 comments Anna wrote: "Hi! I think I might be looking for the same book. Is it possible the heroine becomes the hero’s neighbor at the beginning of the book?
I definitely remember he made custom wood tables and she loved..."

She might have been...not 100%! Hope you have a better memory than me!!

message 35: by Moira (new)

Moira (11moira) | 253 comments JennyG wrote: "Do you remember the book cover?"

No, sorry. It probably was the typical adult romance half naked man lol!!

message 36: by Amber (Daisymau) (new)

Amber (Daisymau) (daisymau) | 1261 comments I did a keyword search for furniture and found these books:

A Change of Heart by Barbara Longley.
Temptation by Kathryn Barrett.
Derek by Leslie Davis Guccione.
Heart Trouble by Sharon Mayne.
Once Around by Barbara Bretton.
Reunite My Spirit by Ellen Quinn.
Just Kiss Me by Rachel Gibson.
Suddenly Engaged by Julia London.

message 37: by Moira (new)

Moira (11moira) | 253 comments Amber (Daisymau) wrote: "I did a keyword search for furniture and found these books:

Derek by Leslie Davi..."

hmm the only one I've read is the Rachel Gibson book and that was back in 2016 and didn't think it was that far back. I'll have a flick through it and see. Thanks

message 38: by Rosalyn (new)

Rosalyn | 42 comments Second Chances also came up with a keyword search

message 39: by Moira (new)

Moira (11moira) | 253 comments Rosalyn wrote: "Second Chances also came up with a keyword search"

No, haven't read anything by her, thanks.

message 40: by Anna (new)

Anna Rae | 96 comments Could it be Untamed by Callie Harper?
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

message 41: by Moira (new)

Moira (11moira) | 253 comments Amber (Daisymau) wrote: "I did a keyword search for furniture and found these books:

Derek by Leslie Davi..."

Rereading the Rachel Gibson one and don't think it's the one!

message 42: by Moira (new)

Moira (11moira) | 253 comments Anna wrote: "Could it be Untamed by Callie Harper?
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2..."

No haven't read that one! :(

message 43: by Amber (Daisymau) (new)

Amber (Daisymau) (daisymau) | 1261 comments Monica wrote: "Did one of them (the guy, I think) live with a mother with dementia? I'm not sure if that one is the same or different than the one that's tickling at my brain. I think it's part of a series, set i..."

I believe the one with the mother with dementia is Only By Your Touch by Catherine Anderson.

message 44: by Kristin (new)

Kristin | 45 comments Furniture makers in these books:

Tragic by Devney Perry
Finally by R.L. Mathewson

message 45: by Amber (Daisymau) (new)

Amber (Daisymau) (daisymau) | 1261 comments Finally was already mentioned. Here's the link for Tragic

message 46: by Moira (new)

Moira (11moira) | 253 comments Amber (Daisymau) wrote: "Monica wrote: "Did one of them (the guy, I think) live with a mother with dementia? I'm not sure if that one is the same or different than the one that's tickling at my brain. I think it's part of ..."

Definitely haven't read that one.

message 47: by Moira (new)

Moira (11moira) | 253 comments Kristin wrote: "Furniture makers in these books:

Tragic by Devney Perry
Finally by R.L. Mathewson"

Haven't read any Devney Perry books yet but she's on my list. Thanks

message 48: by SamSpayedPI (last edited Sep 04, 2020 05:50AM) (new)

SamSpayedPI | 2070 comments Anna's book turned out to be Tragic, btw.