FLASHLIGHT READERS discussion

FIRST IMPRESSION OF BOOKS! > Percy Jackson

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Srujan, Bibliophile (new)

Srujan (srujanreads) | 1320 comments Mod
Hey Guys in a book club we discuss books. So why don't you tell what you felt for this particular book at the first instance. What was your First Impression??

message 2: by Lishy (new)

Lishy (lishy1237) | 10 comments I had high hopes for the series as I knew Rick Riordan was an amazing author, and I loved this series!

message 3: by Helena (new)

Helena | 9 comments i just love it do much!

message 4: by Dalila (last edited May 29, 2020 01:44PM) (new)

Dalila Mandić (dalila93) | 98 comments So I just recently read Percy Jackson series and now I'm reading The Heroes of Olympus. I think if I continue this way, I will read everything Rick Riordan wrote!

I love Percy and Annabeth! They are so amazing together... Also there are a lot of characters who are quite amazing and their adventures are so interesting to read about.
I love Leo Valdez, he is so funny!

But, I do mind the age of the characters.I know these are children books, but 12 year olds running around alone and facing monsters and travelling all around the country... it's just too much. I like how they are teenagers in the movies, because it seems more believable.

Also, in the first 4 books I liked how there was a plot pattern - Percy makes a mess at school, he has to be rushed to Camp Half-blood, there is new mystery, they go on a quest, meet new Gods, face new monsters, save the day!

But, The Gods - OMG! Such babies! The demigods are helping The Gods and they are making things more difficult for them during quests. Like...whaaaat?!

Anyways, I loved the series!! :D

message 5: by Ambuja (new)

Ambuja Rani | 46 comments I did not have a very great first impression but I eventually loved the series. HEROES OF OLYMPUS THOUGH-I love that series way too much.

message 6: by Srujan, Bibliophile (new)

Srujan (srujanreads) | 1320 comments Mod
I really don't think so the director had read the books. He has missed so many important scenes(I only know bout the book 1 and it's movie cuz I have just started the series). In the movies(view spoiler)

message 7: by Minal (new)

Minal | 472 comments And the author didn’t have control over the script unlike Harry Potter. So, the movie was messed up.

message 8: by Shubhangi (new)

Shubhangi (1_shubhangi_7) | 43 comments I have already finished with all the series. But the first impression! It's very difficult to tell. I actually was searching for a book by Enid Blyton in our school library and since I had already read all his books available, had to find another author's book. Found the Lost Hero book. Since I found the cover quite attractive for me, I took it and then!!!!

Now I am completely mad for Uncle Rick's books.
I fell first for Percy, then Annabeth, the Camp, then the Gods and the trials. All of his books are amazing!!!

message 9: by Shubhangi (new)

Shubhangi (1_shubhangi_7) | 43 comments Harmony wrote: "Just a quick comment/question: I was so mad when the movie came out because Annabeth does NOT look anything like that! Also, they all look like they're 19 when they're supposed to be 12!! What's up..."

I agree with you! It happens always that the content in the original book is altered just so that the audience like the movie, but it actually spoils the fun especially for all those who have read the books.

message 10: by Minal (new)

Minal | 472 comments @Shubhangi yeah

message 11: by Yaazhini (new)

Yaazhini Ashok | 89 comments I thought it was gonna be awesome but it wasn't as awesome as I expected it to be.Maybe I should have read it when I was a little bit young. It was good though.