YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

Undercover Bromance (Bromance Book Club, #2)
This topic is about Undercover Bromance
BUDDY READ: Contemporary/Romance > Undercover Bromance (Bromance Book Club #2) by Lyssa Kay Adams - Starting June 14th 2020

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Emma☀️ (new) - added it

Emma☀️ (handmeabook) | 588 comments Braden Mack thinks reading romance novels makes him an expert in love, but he’ll soon discover that real life is better than fiction.

Liv Papandreas has a dream job as a sous chef at Nashville’s hottest restaurant. Too bad the celebrity chef owner is less than charming behind kitchen doors. After she catches him harassing a young hostess, she confronts him and gets fired. Liv vows revenge, but she’ll need assistance to take on the powerful chef.

Unfortunately, that means turning to Braden Mack. When Liv’s blackballed from the restaurant scene, the charismatic nightclub entrepreneur offers to help expose her ex-boss, but she is suspicious of his motives. He’ll need to call in reinforcements: the Bromance Book Club.

Inspired by the romantic suspense novel they’re reading, the book club assist Liv in setting up a sting operation to take down the chef. But they’re just as eager to help Mack figure out the way to Liv’s heart… even while she’s determined to squelch the sparks between them before she gets burned.

Karen Barber | 10144 comments So glad you’ve opted to do this. I enjoyed book one so much more than I was expecting to, and this sounds great fun.

message 3: by Emma☀️ (new) - added it

Emma☀️ (handmeabook) | 588 comments Omg I forgot about this buddy read! I'll try start this weekend or next week

Karen Barber | 10144 comments Got a little behind, so about to start tonight (more likely, tomorrow). Need a little lighter reading, so looking forward to this.

Karen Barber | 10144 comments Up to ch4. Same style. Our focus is Liv, Thea’s sister, and it makes me chuckle that. She’s going to rely on Brandon for this. Sleazy boss needs exposing.

Karen Barber | 10144 comments Up to ch13. Mack tries so hard and is getting on better with Liv when he’s being himself. Some weird stuff going on with this chef.

Karen Barber | 10144 comments Up to ch20. They’re both so cagey, but I can imagine we’ll get a little further along sooner or later.

Karen Barber | 10144 comments Up to ch24. (view spoiler)

Karen Barber | 10144 comments Finished. Review on home page. Good fun, and looking forward to part three.

HeatherH (bkwrm85) | 2159 comments I actually just listened to this from the 11th-14th and just saw there was a buddy read so I'm going to jump in with thoughts since I haven't posted to my team for points yet!

HeatherH (bkwrm85) | 2159 comments Karen wrote: "Up to ch4. Same style. Our focus is Liv, Thea’s sister, and it makes me chuckle that. She’s going to rely on Brandon for this. Sleazy boss needs exposing."

(view spoiler)

HeatherH (bkwrm85) | 2159 comments Karen wrote: "Up to ch20. They’re both so cagey, but I can imagine we’ll get a little further along sooner or later."

(view spoiler)

HeatherH (bkwrm85) | 2159 comments Karen wrote: "Up to ch24. [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

HeatherH (bkwrm85) | 2159 comments I liked the bickering and back and forth between Liv and Mack here so much. Also the boys in the book club definitely make these books so so much better. I did miss having the clips from the romance they were reading sprinkled throughout like book 1 had. Excited for book three this fall as Noah seems super interesting!

Karen Barber | 10144 comments Heather, I agree, I’m really looking forward to book three.