Shut Up & Read discussion

Archives- Buddy Reads > Four Dead Queens by Astrid Scholte

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (last edited Jun 03, 2020 06:04AM) (new)

Leigh | 15232 comments Mod
This is the discussion area for the Buddy Read of

Four Dead Queens by Astrid Scholte

We will start reading this book in May 24th.

Please feel free to join in and read with us at any time :)

Description:
Seventeen-year-old Keralie Corrington may seem harmless, but in fact, she's one of Quadara's most skilled thieves and a liar. Varin, on the other hand, is an honest, upstanding citizen of Quadara's most enlightened region, Eonia. Varin runs afoul of Keralie when she steals a package from him, putting his life in danger. When Varin attempts to retrieve the package, he and Keralie find themselves entangled in a conspiracy that leaves all four of Quadara's queens dead.

With no other choices and on the run from Keralie's former employer, the two decide to join forces, endeavoring to discover who has killed the queens and save their own lives in the process. When their reluctant partnership blooms into a tenuous romance, they must overcome their own dark secrets in hopes of a future together that seemed impossible just days before. But first they have to stay alive and untangle the secrets behind the nation's four dead queens.

heart-13

message 2: by Sheri, Bookworm (new)

Sheri | 12225 comments Mod
I just started.

message 3: by Sheri, Bookworm (new)

The four lands remind me of the different sanctions from Divergent.

message 4: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new)

Sheri wrote: "The four lands remind me of the different sanctions from Divergent."

Yes, it does have that Divergent feel.

message 5: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new)

I like Keralie. The guilt of what happened to her Dad is a very heavy burden and has put her on a dangerous path. I would not want to be in Varin's region. The rule about the queens not loving someone is crazy!

message 6: by Sheri, Bookworm (new)

So many rules! And all of the Queens have secrets that would get them dethroned.

message 7: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new)

Sheri wrote: "So many rules! And all of the Queens have secrets that would get them dethroned."

Definitely!

message 8: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new)

Who is killing the queens? Why?

message 9: by Sheri, Bookworm (new)

Leigh wrote: "Who is killing the queens? Why?"

It seems like it has to be someone on the inside who knows them...but who?

message 10: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new)

Wow! there were some serious twists in this one. Just finished and enjoyed it.

message 11: by Sheri, Bookworm (new)

I have just a bit left. Should be finishing today. I was surprised when Keralie found out the queens weren't dead yet. I was expecting (view spoiler).

message 12: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new)

Yes, that surprised me, too. I thought she was going to be, as well.

message 13: by Sheri, Bookworm (new)

I finished. I am glad Keralie gets a second chance. I like her and Varin together.

message 14: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new)

Sheri wrote: "I finished. I am glad Keralie gets a second chance. I like her and Varin together."

I was happy about Keralie's second chance. Did you see Keralie as the asassassin coming? How about the Queen? Yes, I like them together, too.

message 15: by Sheri, Bookworm (new)

Leigh wrote: "Sheri wrote: "I finished. I am glad Keralie gets a second chance. I like her and Varin together."

I was happy about Keralie's second chance. Did you see Keralie as the asassassin coming? How about..."

I didn't! I figured she was being set up! The Queen was way more understanding to Keralie's situation than I would have been, lol.

message 16: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (last edited May 27, 2020 11:20AM) (new)

I was shocked by those twists. Don't think I would be that understanding, either.

message 17: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new)

Sheri, here is your badge.
heart-13