Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Serieses! > Libraries of Hope Series

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shelley (new)

Shelley | 2 comments Hi,

I've noticed there are lots of books in a collection called the Forgotten classics, in the Libraries of Hope. This collection has multiple series in it. But many are listed with various authors and in different ways.

I'm hoping one librarian can work with me to get them all sorted out. I just added lots of the books and tried to be uniform with it, but there are others that arent. And I didn't include ISBNs because the books weren't available to me to get those numbers. But I can if I need to for those that I own atleast, and send you a list. The author/compiler gave me permission to make sure all the books are in Goodreads. (I may be able to get the other ISBN numbers of the books I don't have from her) https://www.goodreads.com/author/show... (and I can ask if we can use her picture too if I need to)

Can anyone help me resolve this? It'll take a little bit of time, but here's the page of all the books in the collection:
www.welleducatedheart.com/forgotten-c...

Most of the first six series/groups of books are in, and a few bonus books. But I didn't put in the last five series because I don't have those.

message 2: by Suzi (new)

Suzi | 8668 comments These don't appear to qualify as Goodreads series. I would put what you are indicating as "series" in the Edition field on the appropriate edition.

Does that make sense?

message 3: by Shelley (new)

Shelley | 2 comments I'm not sure I understand.

I just talked to Marlene and she'd like them all under Libraries of Hope collection (as the compiler, instead of herself personally).

message 4: by Suzi (new)

Suzi | 8668 comments Goodreads doesn't use the publisher as author. Based on my preview of a couple of them, they appear to be reprints of original works, in which case I believe they should be listed under the original works' authors. If they are available on Amazon, they will have ISBNs. If they are only available as a digital subscription, they are not books at all in that format.

Another librarian may have a different opinion, but I would want to look at them individually and post them by the original author, with Ms Peterson as the editor. She appears to be listed on the copyright page on the couple I looked at.

message 5: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 43624 comments Mod
Libraries of Hope is an imprint or publisher, definitely not what Goodreads considers a series. Or an author.

Suzi wrote: "I would want to look at them individually and post them by the original author, with Ms Peterson as the editor."

Some appear to be collections from several authors, in which case the editor would be listed first.