Play Book Tag discussion

The Bride Test (The Kiss Quotient, #2)
This topic is about The Bride Test
May 2020: Comedy > The Bride Test - Helen Hoang - 4 stars

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Nikki | 661 comments Hmmmm, how should I rate this one? I’m not usually drawn to this type of book, one reason being that the cover blurb basically tells you what’s going to happen, and the only surprise is the path that the author takes to get there. However, I found The Rosie Project a perfect antidote to my current shutdown-induced grump, and it often gets mentioned in the same breath as Helen Hoang’s The Kiss Quotient. That one’s Pretty Woman-style premise seemed a little sleazy, so I decided to skip it and go straight to this one, which reviewers claimed was a bit less explicit. If that’s true, I think I’d have been blushing all the way through the first, since this one was pretty steamy… It kept me entertained though, and I even surprised myself by shedding a tear when one of the major characters had a big emotional moment towards the end. Fun and sweet, if you enjoy romance novels that don’t leave much to the imagination.

message 2: by NancyJ (last edited May 23, 2020 10:47PM) (new) - added it

NancyJ (nancyjjj) | 5241 comments Thanks for the useful info. I had both The Rosie Project and the Kiss Quotient on my phone, and I chose The Rosie Project. I'm not quite done, but I know it will be a 5 star read. It's different than the others. It's perfect for my mental health - it makes me laugh and think, and I just love it. I might get The Rosie Effect back instead of one of the others on my list for comedy.