Play Book Tag discussion

Green River, Running Red
This topic is about Green River, Running Red
Archive: Other Books > Green River, Running Red / Ann Rule. 3 stars

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

LibraryCin | 8639 comments In the early 1980s, the Seattle area had a serial killer running around, mostly killing prostitutes. True crime author Ann Rule, by then having published her book on Ted Bundy, lived in the area, and followed very closely what was happening. The killer wasn’t caught for almost 20 years, but when DNA testing came available, he was not only caught, but he admitted to many more murders than they would have been able to link to him via DNA.

Unfortunately, I (once again) ended up with an abridged audio. I was only a kid in the early 80s, and not in the area, so it was more recently that I heard of the Green River killer. The book was interesting, but I would have liked to have listened to the entire book. It did seem to jump abruptly from talking about the victims to following the killer’s life. Not sure if the book actually felt that way or if it felt such because it was abridged.

message 2: by Olivermagnus (new)

Olivermagnus (lynda214) | 2223 comments I love Ann Rule and some of her books are among my favorites. For some reason I never read this and was never that interested in the Green River Killer. I know Ann had researched this killer and was hoping he would eventually be caught so she could write about him. i'm glad she got the chance before she died in 2015.

LibraryCin | 8639 comments I bet this would have been much better in print or ebook or unabridged, if you still want to give it a try.

message 4: by Joi (new) - rated it 4 stars

Joi (missjoious) | 3822 comments Love me some Ann Rule. It's always so fun/terrifying since she lived (somewhat) close to me.

LibraryCin | 8639 comments You're too young to have been around when this guy was killing, but I remember a conversation, either here or LT where someone said they remember when this was happening.

message 6: by Meli (new)

Meli (melihooker) | 3400 comments This dude is a beady-eyed little f#&k.
All serial killers are shit, but my most loathed are those madonna / whore types who think women should be punished for existing outside their believed modesty paradigm. Puke.

Haven't read this, will likely skip just because he's one I've already seen so much about on documentaries and whatnot.

LibraryCin | 8639 comments Meli wrote: "All serial killers are shit, but my most loathed are those madonna / whore types who think women should be punished for existing outside their believed modesty paradigm. Puke. ..."

Yup...