Mystery Madness discussion

Cappuccinos, Cupcakes, and a Corpse  (Cape Bay Cafe Mystery, #1)
#Book1CoziesClub > June 2020 Selection: Cappuccinos, Cupcakes, and a Corpse (Cape Bay Cafe Mysteries)

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Di (last edited May 26, 2020 09:43AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Di (disis19) | 679 comments Mod
This will be our discussion thread for this book. Please be sure to hide your spoilers if there is something that you would like to discuss. The best way to do this is to note what chapter you're on, then hide any spoilery parts.

This book is available for free on Kindle and Nook! If your library offers Hoopla as part of their digital services, you might want to check there as well, as it is available for me through that service.

If you do post your review on your favorite social media site, please tag it with #Book1CoziesClub so we can find it. Also, please feel free to link your review here!

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I just purchased it on Amazon!

message 3: by Di (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dana wrote: "I just purchased it on Amazon!"

Awesome!

message 4: by Megan (new) - added it

Megan Byrd | 2 comments I'm waiting for mine at the library

message 5: by Di (new) - rated it 4 stars

Megan wrote: "I'm waiting for mine at the library"

That's great!

message 6: by Megan (new) - added it

Megan Byrd | 2 comments I am almost finished with it! Like it so far

message 7: by Di (new) - rated it 4 stars

That's great to know, Megan!

message 8: by Di (new) - rated it 4 stars

I finished this one last night. It's been very difficult to find time to read lately! When I was able to find the time to read, the chapters seemed to fly. I enjoyed it.

I liked that Francesca got scolded by the police officer - like really scolded and not just lightly telling her to let the authorities handle it. That was refreshing. I also liked that there was no love triangle as these days, love triangles are not something I enjoy reading about. I also like that when she figured out who the culprit was, she called the police before heading over. Again, not something I see often in cozies.

I'm going to have to try that dark chocolate cupcake recipe at the end. I wasn't expecting the recipes, so they were a nice surprise. I'll definitely be continuing with this series and will also be checking out some of the author's other series.