What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Sinister Stones (Inspector Napoleon Bonaparte #19)
This topic is about Sinister Stones
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Adult fiction murder mystery/detective - locale bush/outback Australia - male detective - Uluru (Ayer's Rock) on cover maybe, definitely in the book, remote, publication 1980s, maybe a decade earlier or later. [s]

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Marcie (last edited May 23, 2020 07:22PM) (new) - added it

Marcie | 2 comments I read the book between 2000-2005. It was a paperback that I picked up at a local library Used Book Sale. I believe the book was published in the 1980s, maybe a decade earlier or later. The pages and the cover were yellowed. I believe Uluru, or Ayers Rock, was on the front cover, if not it was mentioned in the book. The mystery took place in the bush, or outback. I remember it being remote. Male protagonist/detective, pretty sure.

Thank you!

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 33485 comments Mod
Marcie, that's a good start. Please add more details (e.g., male detective, bush/outback, cover image) to the topic header (title). We have thousands of book requests.

Click the small "edit" link after the header. This only works on the full Desktop website - not the Mobile website or app. (On the Mobile website, there's a "Desktop version" link at the bottom of the page.)

message 3: by Marli (new)

Marli (marli7) | 21 comments This might be what you are looking for, The bone is pointed by Arthur Upfield

message 4: by SamSpayedPI (new)

SamSpayedPI | 1680 comments The Bone is Pointed for Marli's link.

message 5: by Marcie (new) - added it

Marcie | 2 comments Wow! It is definitely Arthur Upland, but it is his Sinister Stones book. I would have never made the connection if it wasn't for your reply. Thank you! Appreciate it!

message 6: by Marli (new)

Marli (marli7) | 21 comments Marcie wrote: "Wow! It is definitely Arthur Upland, but it is his Sinister Stones book. I would have never made the connection if it wasn't for your reply. Thank you! Appreciate it!"

So Happy to Help! It is maddening when you can't remember the book you crave.