BGC Book Club - Powered by Brown Girl Collective discussion

Welcome the the BGC Book Club - Powered by Brown Girl Collective

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Marcie, Founder (new)

Marcie (browngirlnum1) | 2 comments Mod
This is Marcie, founder of BGC Book Club and Brown Girl Collective. I consider it an honor to share my love of books by, for, and about women of the African Diaspora with you!

Please take a moment to introduce yourself; I look forward to getting to know you in the weeks and months ahead.

With Sisterly Affection,
Marcie L. Thomas

message 2: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Watson-Hill (reverendactor) | 1 comments I am a white woman, aged 57, a Lutheran pastor, who has dedicated myself to learning about voices of colour. I am listening, not yet participating, as I am trying not to be follish or arbitrary in this pursuit. My eldest son is biological and living in the UK, my youngest son came to me through adoption in 2005, and is Kazakh by heritage, and EurAsian by ethnicity.

This summer, I have read Lenny Duncan's Dear Church and am reading Kaitlin B. Curtice's Native and have previously read Toni Morrison's Beloved & Zora Neale Hurston's Their Eyes Were Watching God in another context. Looking forward to this challenge!

message 3: by Yvonne (new)

Yvonne Dorsey | 1 comments my name is Yvonne, im from Miami, FL and love to read