Eureka {An Advance Roleplay} discussion

Clifmore City > Blissful Bites Bakery

Comments Showing 1-39 of 39 (39 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Angel of Life (new)

Angel of Life (Placed in Gryffindor) (Part of Dauntless) (kairicarter) | 271 comments Mod

message 2: by Angel of Life (new)

Angel of Life (Placed in Gryffindor) (Part of Dauntless) (kairicarter) | 271 comments Mod
Hazel walked down the street with his hands in his sweatshirt pockets. He eventually arrived at the bakery, he knew one of the girls that worked there. She would tell him when they had his favorite bread in stock. He usually got his bread from here because he figured it tasted better than the store bought bread. Hazel walked and gave a small wave to the girl at the counter. She was busy and only had time to look up and give a smile. Hazel looked around at some of the displays they had while he waited in line. He was just there for his bread and some bread bowls. It had only been a couple days since he saved that one girls life and he honestly couldn't stop thinking about her. She was constantly on his mind.

message 3: by Jia ♥ (new)

Jia ♥ (bookloverforever101) Cassandra walked into the Bakery. She had spent all morning thinking about the boy who had saved her life. She had been for the past few days. She knew it was silly but couldnt help it. She went right to the counter and ordered her usual without looking around her. "2 white bread, your cookie bundle, and 2 muffins please." she said. This was her usual. She had her hair tied back and was wearing ripped jeans and a comfy sweatshirt. "Thank you." she said with a half smile as she took her order and paid. She luckily had time to spend because she had just finished hunting and her family was occupied. She waved to a guy that she knew from way back. She hadn't seen him in a while. They chatted for a minute and then Cassandra began to try and maneuver her way out of the long crowded line and went to sit at a table for two that was next to a window.

message 4: by Angel of Life (new)

Hazel usually hated waiting for his items, so he usually called when he was going to come on by and pick up his things. He soon got up to the counter and paid for his order which had been set to the side for him. "Here is your sourdough bread, bread soup bowls, lemon drop cookies and a chocolate pound cake on the house. You ordered some around your birthday and we didn't have any in at the time. We just wanted to make up for it." Hazel only smiled a little and shook his head. "You are too nice" he paid for his order of the other three things and soon left the line. Hazel was about to head some place else to pick up a few more things before going home. On his way out the door out of the corner of his eye he saw the girl from a couple of days before. He slowly walked over to her. "Mind if I sit here?" he asked, but he didn't really wait for her to answer as he sat down across from her. "How is the hand?"

message 5: by Jia ♥ (new)

Jia ♥ (bookloverforever101) Cassandra looked up amazed to see the boy from before. "Hey Hazel," she said smiling at him while saying his name with an accent unintentionally. "My hand's feeling much better thanks. Must have been your incredible nursing skills." She grabbed a muffin from her bag and began to eat bits of it as she spoke. "So is it fate that I see you again or do you come here often?" she asked. She mentally winced. That probably sounded like a pick up line though it was unintentional.

message 6: by Angel of Life (new)

Hazel cracked a smile at her cheesy pick up line, he knew it probably was unintentional but it still made him smile a little bit. "Well I'm glad I was able to help a little bit. To answer your question I usually go to the local stores to buy my groceries I feel like it's better than a grocery store. Plus I like to have a few sweets around the house as well." He said to her, he watched her eat one of her muffins. "I have never seen you here before." He commented to er.

message 7: by Jia ♥ (new)

Jia ♥ (bookloverforever101) Cassandra nodded. "Yep, usually I come really early or late to avoid the rush." She lowered her voice and said "I've got connections at the counter so I get all the leftovers that they usually throw out. " She then shook her head sadly. "The only issue is that my favorite item they stopped making, so I'm still reeling from shock. It was a crowd favorite so a lot of people managed to hoard a bunch but I missed out on that memo." She studied him for a moment as if trying to compare his face to something.

message 8: by Angel of Life (new)

"You and me both then" Hazel stated "I usually come around this time but I call ahead of time that way I only have to pay and my items are waiting for me. Sometimes I get things for free. My sister use to work here and the store owner really liked her. That and I sometimes will make deliveries for him on my way home." Hazel told her, he figured that he should ask her for her name, he never got it the first time that they met. "Two questions for you, what was your favorite? and considering you know my name can I know yours?" he asked her. He was glad that she didn't mind sitting and talking to him for a little bit.

message 9: by Angel of Life (new)

"You and me both then" Hazel stated "I usually come around this time but I call ahead of time that way I only have to pay and my items are waiting for me. Sometimes I get things for free. My sister use to work here and the store owner really liked her. That and I sometimes will make deliveries for him on my way home." Hazel told her, he figured that he should ask her for her name, he never got it the first time that they met. "Two questions for you, what was your favorite? and considering you know my name can I know yours?" he asked her. He was glad that she didn't mind sitting and talking to him for a little bit.

message 10: by Angel of Life (new)

message 11: by Jia ♥ (new)

Jia ♥ (bookloverforever101) Cassandra nodded. " My favorite was the black and white cookie, and my name is Cassandra," she said. She wondered what Hazel would think of her name. She didn't mind her name much because there were so many nicknames that could come from it but in her mind it was a bit too elegant for a hunter. She was glad that she was able to see Hazel again and that they were able to talk. She realized that he was a lot more handsome in the light then she had noticed when he was helping her in the dark the other day.

message 12: by Angel of Life (new)

"Oh I do remember those, I have to agree they were a favorite" he commented to her. He looked into her beautiful eyes when she told him her name. He thought it was a lovely name, she could get away with nicknames around her friends and family. For more professional jobs it could be her birth name. "That's a beautiful name, though something tells me you don't want to be called Cassandra all the time?" He slightly questioned her, he was wondering if he would run into her again after this. He had hoped that they would but he wasn't sure if she wanted to.

message 13: by Jia ♥ (new)

Jia ♥ (bookloverforever101) Cassandra smiled at him and nodded. "Thank you, yes I prefer the nicknames that come with it. Andra, Cass, Cassie, Sandra." She realized that she had to go but really wanted to see him again. She wondered how to casually bump into him again but didn't really know where he liked to go. She got a text. She read it and then looked up at him eyes widened and looking like she had a secret she was dying to share. She was full of excitement.

message 14: by Angel of Life (new)

"Well then I suppose I should call you by a nickname or come up with one for you." Hazel smiled brightly at her. He thought that maybe the nickname Cass would be fine with him. Plus it was one that she said she was called. He really wanted to hangout with her some day. He noticed that she must have gotten a text because she was reading it. When she looked at him again it looked like she was exploding with excitement on the inside. "Um... did something good happen?" he asked her as he watched her, he was starting to wonder what was so good. It was fair to say that Hazel's curiosity has now gotten the best of her.

message 15: by Jia ♥ (new)

Jia ♥ (bookloverforever101) Cassandra nodded but was momentarily distracted by Hazel's smile. He was very attractive as she had just realized. She looked at him excitedly and said "A friend of mine who knows how much I love the cookies that I was just talking to you about , her father is best friends with the owner of the company and she said that they are reopening them and they are coming out in 2 days for a limited time! The news was spread to a few people so I'm going to need to get there early and get some before they are all gone." She began to mentally plan how soon she could get there before the bakery opened.

message 16: by Angel of Life (new)

Hazel didn't know it was, maybe it was how her eyes filled up with excitement or how much she loved these cookies. It could also be the fact that she seemed like a little kid in the candy store when she spoke about these cookies, no matter what it was it got him to laugh. The laugh that he had almost made the night they had met. When he contained himself again "you really love these cookies don't you?" he asked her. He was now kind of curious about how good these cookies must taste.

message 17: by Jia ♥ (new)

Jia ♥ (bookloverforever101) Cassandra was suprised for a moment at his beautiful laugh and savored the sound. She then answered. "I do for certain." Her eyes grew hazy for a moment as she remembered all the good times she had with her family and friends eating them. "Its not just the taste though. Whenever anything major happened in my life we always had these cookies at the time. It sounds silly but it's true. My sister's birth, my becoming a hunter, being with friends, first love interests all of it." She said. A sad smile crossed her face as she remembered her older sister's death and how she had been eating the same cookies at the time. It had tasted like salty sadness then. But that was probably her tears. She pushed away the memory and looked back up at Hazel. "I'm going to get a huge stock of them and then you will taste the glorious wonderfulness of them." She said determinedly.

message 18: by Angel of Life (new)

Hazel listened to her as she explained how the cookies became more than just some tasty treat. They had become a tradition to have when a major event had happened in her life. He nodded a little bit as he understood. He had something kind of like that in his family. He took in a deep breath and gave her a small smile as an idea popped up into his head. "If they are as good as you say they are, than do you mind if I go with you?" he asked her. He figured this would be an easy way to see her again and to hangout with her.

message 19: by Jia ♥ (new)

Jia ♥ (bookloverforever101) Cassandra gave him a blindingly white smile and nodded. "Absolutely! You need to experience the magic of the cookies firsthand." She admitted to herself that she might not just be excited about him being able to try the cookies but also seeing him again and them getting to be together. Her phone buzzed an alarm and she sighed. "I'm being forced to join a yoga class and its starting in 3 minutes. Got to leave now if I want to make it. It was great to see you again and I'll see you in 2 days bright and early." she said giving him another smile as she grabbed her stuff. She wrote down her number and handed it to him. "Bye, Hazel" she said with a wave and then she was gone.

message 20: by Angel of Life (new)

"Okay, I will see you in a couple of days" Hazel told her with a smile, he watched as she grabbed her things and rushed out of the bakery. He was glad that he was able to run into her again and get her phone number this time. Every time she said his name or smiled at him it made him feel alive a feeling he hasn't felt for so long. He loved her company and just hearing her voice. She made him... happy. Hazel soon took the number she wrote down for him and put it into his phone. He decided to send a text message to her that way she had his number.
To: Cassandra
Hey, this is Hazel. Now you have my number as well. It was great to see you again. I will see you in a couple of days. What time do we have to be there?

Hazel sent her the text and then decided to get up from the table he was sitting at. He grabbed his bag of goodies and left the bakery heading back home. He didn't have much to do most days.

message 21: by Jia ♥ (new)

Jia ♥ (bookloverforever101) Cassandra watched the pitch black sky. Her watch said it was 3:59. It was dark out and she was tired but she was determined to stay awake to get her cookies. She walked to the front of the bakery door where there was a nice grassy area where you could lay and wait for the shop to open. She wasn't sure if Hazel would come. It was ridiculously early and he probably wanted to be alone doing loner stuff or something. She tried to practice her smiling totally not hurt that you didn't show up looks for when it happened. She was wearing PJs that were bunny's and it was a thin top which she now regretted and fuzzy PJ bottoms. She also had on slippers that were very warm. She sat down on the grassy area leaving a spot for Hazel if he did show up. Which she really hoped he would more than she would like to admit.

message 22: by Angel of Life (new)

Hazel was not really a morning person. He hated getting up early for anything. However, if Cassandra wanted him to wait with her he was going to make sure that he got up that way he could go wait with her. Hazel didn't even really bothered with getting ready, he was wearing sweatpants, a short sleeved t-shirt and some black slipper like shoes. He was also wearing one of his famous hoodies that he always wore. He actually set is alarm for 2:30 but didn't wake up until about 3:00 and now he made sure to leave at 3:15. He eventually got there walking up behind her. He saw her give a small shiver, there was a light breeze out, he unzipped his hoodie, he slid it off his body and placed it around her shoulders. He then sat down next her. His hair was slightly messy like he just rolled out of bed. "Glad to know I'm not the only one wearing pajamas."

message 23: by Jia ♥ (new)

Jia ♥ (bookloverforever101) Cassandra looked up and saw Hazel. She smiled. He had come after all. "Thank you, and yes for a mission this important it called for the fluffiest PJs." she said rubbing her eyes. "Good morning! Well I'm not sure if it's actually morning but it will be soon." She was trying to hide the fact that she was very very happy that he had come. Most guys that she knew would have ducked out or just not asked if they could come at all. Hazel was definitely different then most and Cassandra liked it. She rubbed her eyes and muttered "I am not going to fall asleep." She hoped that Hazel wanted to have a conversation because if they just there in silence Cassandra knew she would fall asleep. "Feel like talking about your hobbies for 2 hours?" a slight grin was on her face.

message 24: by Angel of Life (new)

"You want to know about my hobbies?" Hazel questioned her as he raised an eyebrow at her. "Well alright, where to start" he muttered before he finally came up with something "well I do a lot of woodwork projects. I have people who come and ask me to make them something like a shelf or a table and chairs. So I spend a lot of my time working on those projects. It's how I made most of my money. I also know how to cook so I like to try new recipes. I like to read and play video games and of course I like to sleep. During the summer I like to go surfing that's a lot of fun I'm at the beach a lot doing the summer months. I also like to just mess around and play little tunes on my guitar here and there. Once upon a time I was in a band. So what about you what are your hobbies?"

message 25: by Jia ♥ (new)

Jia ♥ (bookloverforever101) Cassandra grinned. "Running you knew that one, I work at my parents restaurant a lot when I'm not hunting for my pack and thats really fun. I dance and sometimes help my friend with her interior designer business which she's trying to get me into joining her, I also really like art and music. I participated in an art festival that happened last year and is in two weeks. You should come it will be really fun! Anyway um I model for my friend's legging company and that's about it. I'm impressed about the woodworking I seem to be a magnet to splinters." She shuddered. "Also going to have to disagree with you about the sleeping thing. Got to get up early to go running!" She yawned slightly fighting to keep her eyes open. "Though not this early."

message 26: by Angel of Life (new)

"Haha no, I am not a morning person. Though I will get up if I have to." Hazel told her "what pack are you apart of? if you don't mind me asking that is." He remembered some things from the pack life but he had forgotten most of it. There was no need to remember when he was kicked out of the pack. He had never been awake this early before maybe once or twice when he was sick and maybe once when he had take painkillers for breaking a bone. He had many questions to ask her that was if she would let him ask these questions.

message 27: by Jia ♥ (new)

Jia ♥ (bookloverforever101) "I'm a hunter for Bloodmoon." Cassandra smiled proudly. "It isn't the most glamorous job but I'm glad to do something for my pack. And you can ask me any and all questions they'll help me stay awake anyway." She said blinking to keep her eyes open. "Otherwise I think I won't make it." She really wanted to get to know Hazel and wanted him to get to know her as well.

message 28: by Angel of Life (new)

"My family is a part of that pack" Hazel told her, meaning he was once apart of the pack as well. It was a nice pack and most people didn't have any complaints. He kept his gaze on her, she seemed so cheerful for the position that she had. He could soon tell how tired she was getting and he wasn't even sure if she would be able to make it until the bakery was opened. Hazel knew he wouldn't be able to fall back to sleep anytime soon so he could at least try to keep her awake. "Have you ever broken a bone?" he asked her wanting to know if she was rough as a kid. He was he knew that for sure.

message 29: by Jia ♥ (new)

Jia ♥ (bookloverforever101) Cassandra grinned. "Most certainly. Actually multiple. My twin sister and I were always getting into scrapes and trouble much like I do now. We would always dare each other to do crazy stuff. If you refused you were a chicken. I never backed down from a dare and probably never will and she dared me one day to climb a very tall wall that we were playing on. I went on the wall to do it and it crumbled and fell because it wasn't very sturdy, taking me down with it. I broke my arm and leg on that wall but was just proud that I fulfilled the dare." she laughed quietly sounding a bit sad.

message 30: by Angel of Life (new)

"Sounds like you were a wild child. I kind of was too I guess. Well more so than my twin." He looked at her and smiled happily, he was glad to know that he wasn't the only wild one in a family dynamic. He tilted his head slightly when he heard sadness in her voice. He turned his full attention to her and tilted his head slightly. "You seem sad... why?" Hazel had hoped that she wouldn't hide whatever it was that was bothering her. He cared about her enough to want to know. I mean he showed up at a bakery at three in the morning. He scooted closer to her in case she needed someone to comfort her.

message 31: by Jia ♥ (new)

Jia ♥ (bookloverforever101) Cassandra debated on lying or changing the subject but she figured that Hazel deserved to know. They were friends and he had shown up for her and helped her and he would figure it out eventually so she might as well explain now. "My twin sister Laola she um she passed away last year." Cassandra stared at the grass around them and ran her hand through it. "She got cancer. We thought she was going to pull through it but one day her vitals went down hill and the next thing I knew I was saying goodbye to my other half." Cassandra rubbed her eyes but this time because she was trying not to let tears spill down her cheeks. "We were never seen without each other, always causing trouble, worrying our parents to death. She loved these cookies. " Cassandra smiled softly. She wished that she could lean back on Hazel and feel like there was someone there for her but she didn't want to intrude on his space and didn't know if he would be okay with that. She ducked her head in embarrasment. "Sorry I didn't mean to get all morbid and stuff I just ..... really really miss her."

message 32: by Angel of Life (new)

Hazel listened as Cassandra explained what happened to her sister. He didn't wish that on anyone, he knew what it was like to almost lose a sibling. He couldn't imagine the pain of actually losing them. Though he felt like he did every single day. "Don't apologize, you have nothing to be sorry for" Hazel wrapped an arm around her and pulled her closer to him, that way he could kind of hold her and try to help her feel better. "I can't imagine what you feel everyday of her not being here with you. I know you miss her. I would be worried about you if you didn't." Hazel told her, he kissed the top of her head and continued to sit there with her.

message 33: by Jia ♥ (new)

Jia ♥ (bookloverforever101) Cassandra smiled a bit sad but thankful that he was there for her. "Thank you." she said softly. Then lifted her head leaning against his chest and looking up at him through her lashes. "What about you and your siblings? You said you had a twin?" She was curious and hoped he didnt mind her asking questions. She also wanted to ask about why he was a lone wolf instead of joining a pack but didnt want to pry that much. At least at the moment. She leaned back against the warmth of his chest and kept her eyes open barely. He felt nice.

message 34: by Angel of Life (new)

"Of course" Hazel replied to Cassandra, he felt Cassandra move a little bit. Hazel glanced down at her when he felt her move and he could feel her eyes on him. He heard what she said about his siblings, he figured maybe he should come clean and talk about them a little bit. Maybe talk about his family dynamic. He hasn't had the chance to tell anyone. He kept his arm around her and let her get re-comfortable against him. "So you want to know my family dynamic huh?" Hazel asked her, he took in a deep breath and started to explain to her his complicated family.

"My father Alexander and my mom Kairi were never really friends as they were growing up. They only knew each other because of this girl named London. She was my mom's best friend and she was dating my father when they were really young. They were a match made in heaven, that's what everyone said at least. My father and London had an argument one night and she took off driving some place to cool off. On her way home she was in a terrible car accident and passed away. The paramedics got to her fast enough to save the baby though. My father was so torn up about it and so was my mother. My father took off and went traveling around the world with my aunt. My mother's sister. They were dating off and on for awhile." Hazel explained to her. He took another deep breath trying to remember all of the details his mother told him.

"The baby they named London after her mother. Which my mother was taking care of baby London because no one else was. By the time my father came back my mother was dating my fathers twin Andrew which made my father really angry. He wanted my mother all to himself, he just couldn't handle seeing her with anyone else. Well he starting dating Candy another friend of my mother's. They were attending alcoholic anonymous together, well they were supposed to. Around the same time Candy and my mother both got pregnant, Candy had a girl named Paris and my mother had a boy named Neal. My mother and my uncle ended up not staying together. My father was a jealous wreak without my mom. After about a year or so my father and my mother ended up dating and moved in together. They soon found out that they were pregnant with my twin brother Coben, and I. They ended up having a fight and that same night Coben and I came into the world. My father wanted to be there but my mom told him no." Hazel laughed a little bit as he remembered his mother telling him. that.

"After we came home my mother and father got married and went on to have my sister October which my mother let me name her. Don't ask me why I picked October it just popped up into my head. A couple of years after that they had my sister Alissa, that was probably the hardest pregnancy my mother went through. They couldn't get tot he hospital in time and both my mother and little sister were not stable. I remembered thinking I was going to lose both of them. I was glad when they made it through the night. My mom and Alissa stayed in the hospital for about a month and then they were able to come home. That's my family, I know it seems weird and a little messed up but I love them." Hazel explained to her.

message 35: by Jia ♥ (new)

Jia ♥ (bookloverforever101) Cassandra smiled. "That's a lot of siblings." she then paused and stared up at the dark night sky. She said "And I like how in the end your parents ended up together even though it took them a while to figure out that they wanted to be together. My mom always said Family sticks together through it all, whether it be hardships, trials, fighting, no matter what family stays together." She stared up at the darkness above her and said quietly "It's beautiful. I love the night sky even when you can't see any stars." she then sat up slightly and said "This is random but important. I learned that you can tell a lot about people's character by the answer to this question but sometimes it turns out to be wrong. Which do you prefer sunset or sunrise?" She waited for his answer.

message 36: by Angel of Life (new)

What she said about family kind of struck him. If that was true than did his family just hate him and not want him around. He fought with his father and because of that his father basically threw him out telling him to get lost. Since then he has never returned and he quickly found out that he liked beating to his own drum. He didn't like following people "Well my mom and dad have always liked each other it just took awhile for them to communicate that to each other. Their relationship is a strange one and hard one to understand but I guess they have always been there for each other." Hazel told Cassandra. He looked up towards the sky, he couldn't remember how many times he would lay out int he backyard with his siblings and they would all look at the stars together. They all would talk about the future and London would point out all of the constellations. He looked at Cassandra when she asked him her question. "Which do I prefer? well I guess sunset." He had so many good memories when it came to sunsets.

message 37: by Jia ♥ (new)

Jia ♥ (bookloverforever101) Cassandra nodded and smiled. "For me the sunrise." She wondered what it said about their character. They were silent for a moment just sitting until she felt her eyes begin to shut. "So... Close.. Only... Two..Hours....Gotta....Stay....Awa... " She tried to fight it but fell asleep. She was laying against Hazel's chest and had shifted in her sleep to be facing him and had her head buried in his chest. Her arms were tucked in beside her and she shivered in her sleep as the wind blew, tucking her head in. "Wake me up when its time." she murmured drifting off.

message 38: by Angel of Life (new)

Hazel knew that Cassandra was trying her hardest to stay awake, he knew that she was going to fall asleep soon. He wasn't all that tired. He usually stayed up pretty late, he soon moved slightly to where he could hold her in his lap while he slept. It was more so she didn't get too cold while she slept. He didn't want her to freeze after all. He listened to her light breathing and lightly pet her hair. Hazel didn't say anything to her, he just wanted her to get some rest. He really wished that something more would come out of this, but he knew in his heart she deserved someone way better than him.