Play Book Tag discussion

Twice in a Blue Moon
This topic is about Twice in a Blue Moon
May 2020: Other Books > (Poll Ballot Tally) Twice in a Blue Moon by Christina Lauren - 3 stars

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

annapi | 4916 comments Tate Jones is 18 and on vacation in London with her grandmother, and here she meets and falls in love with Sam Brandis. It ends with a betrayal, and then the story shifts to 14 years later, when Tate is now a Hollywood movie star, ready for the role of a lifetime. Of course, Tate's path once again crosses with Sam's.

I was hoping for another lightning strike like Autoboyography or Roomies, but this one didn't deliver it. Oh, it was still good, but not great. I liked the first part of the story much better, the first meeting and first love; I felt in the second part they lacked chemistry and things moved too quickly to be realistic. The details given to the filming seemed genuine enough, but I can't really say since I have no experience with acting and filming a movie. I wonder if the camaraderie among the cast and crew are realistic as well, or at least how often that kind of camaraderie happens in real life.

Overall a good book, not as good as I've read from these two authors, but good enough to keep me reading more of their work.

message 2: by Joi (new) - rated it 3 stars

Joi (missjoious) | 3782 comments Totally agree. Also, this totally gave me wanderlust for London!