Same Page Books discussion

The Care and Feeding... > Altheas Break.... Through

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Terry (new)

Terry Glen Harris  | 20 comments It’s hard to believe a parent would ever tell their child: “Don’t you come running back home, or to God.” As a parent myself, I would never utter those words to my children. That wasn’t the case for Althea and her father though. As we read in her letter while in jail, that’s exactly what she was told. But she found herself sitting in bible study, having a hard time at first, but eventually being so moved that unbeknownst to her, she ended up sharing a story about her childhood. A story which made the other inmates see her through a different lens.
I believe this was a break through for Althea. I believe her treatment by the other inmates will change a little, for the better. She made a mistake. Whether or not she’s sorry for that, I don’t know. However this bible study changes things...

Terry Glen Harris

message 2: by Michele (new)

Michele Pauldo | 23 comments Mod
As the story unfolds, we learn so much about the siblings from the bits and pieces that they each share about their deceased parents. Keep reading. More breakthroughs and “Ah Ha” moments to come for the characters and for the reader.

message 3: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly | 21 comments Terry, it's not hard for me to believe at all! It all depends on the parent child relationship.

The relationship she had with both of her parents really affected her life in ways she doesn't even know.