YA Buddy Reads Community discussion

Buddy Groups > Mistborn Trilogy (Might start from 13th June)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 76 (76 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Mahi (last edited May 23, 2020 08:09AM) (new)

Mahi | 114 comments Mistborn trilogy read will kick start around mid June.

If you are joining this Buddy Read, comment below! Everyone is welcome! If you have already read it, you can join the discussions as well.

message 2: by Darcey (new)

Darcey | 179 comments yes i'd love to join this! i can't wait :))

message 3: by Mahi (last edited May 25, 2020 09:07PM) (new)

Mahi | 114 comments Darce wrote: "yes i'd love to join this! i can't wait :))"

I'm happy to hear that. Specific date is not decided yet, so you could suggest a date around mid June if you want to.

message 4: by Darcey (new)

Darcey | 179 comments Mahi wrote: "Darce wrote: "yes i'd love to join this! i can't wait :))"

I'm happy to hear that. Specific date is not decided yet, so you could suggest a date around mid June if you want to."

hmm ok well the 13th of june is a saturday so maybe that weekend?

— Massiel [taking a break] (rollitosdecanela) | 94 comments It is okay if I start the book a little earlier? I'm planning to read the second book in June the 1st :)

Obviously, I will hide my spoilers.

message 6: by Mahi (last edited May 26, 2020 02:36AM) (new)

Mahi | 114 comments Sure. Enjoy the read and join the trilogy talk if you're interested.

— Massiel [taking a break] (rollitosdecanela) | 94 comments thanks! I hope you like the first book!

message 8: by Darcey (last edited May 28, 2020 12:59AM) (new)

Darcey | 179 comments Circe wrote: "thanks! I hope you like the first book!"

thanks! i hope you enjoy the series :))

— Massiel [taking a break] (rollitosdecanela) | 94 comments Darce: Me too! I love so far every Sanderson's books!

message 10: by Darcey (new)

Darcey | 179 comments Circe wrote: "Darce: Me too! I love so far every Sanderson's books!"

i'm glad you're loving them so far! i've only read a couple of his books but he seems like an amazing author from what i've read

— Massiel [taking a break] (rollitosdecanela) | 94 comments @Darce: He is! He never lets me down with any of his books.

Jadey (the Bookish) | 40 comments I've already read the first two books in the series but I'd love to join in when you get to the third! I'm also super interested in how you guys like it :)

— Massiel [taking a break] (rollitosdecanela) | 94 comments The Well of Ascension (Mistborn, #2) by Brandon Sanderson
Part One - Chapter 6
(view spoiler)

— Massiel [taking a break] (rollitosdecanela) | 94 comments The Well of Ascension (Mistborn, #2) by Brandon Sanderson
Part Two - Chapter 14
(view spoiler)

Part Two - Chapter 20
(view spoiler)

message 16: by Darcey (new)

Darcey | 179 comments .✭・. Jadey .・✭. wrote: "I've already read the first two books in the series but I'd love to join in when you get to the third! I'm also super interested in how you guys like it :)"

sure, can't wait to have you join us!! did you enjoy the first two books?

message 17: by Darcey (new)

Darcey | 179 comments — Massiel wrote: "The Well of Ascension (Mistborn, #2) by Brandon Sanderson
Part Two - Chapter 20
[spoilers removed]"

how's this going? i obviously don't want to check the spoilers ahah but what are your thoughts so far?

Jadey (the Bookish) | 40 comments Darce wrote: " .✭・. Jadey .・✭. wrote: "I've already read the first two books in the series but I'd love to join in when you get to the third! I'm also super interested in how you guys like it :)"

sure, can't wa..."

Yeah I did! The magic system took me a while to get to grips with, but I definitely thought it was worth it in the end. The characters are also sooo good! I did however prefer the first book to the second; I think maybe the second book had a bit of middle-book syndrome for me? But I think mine was a bit of an unpopular opinion so interested to see what you guys think. Excited for the last book though because of all the set-up of the second!

— Massiel [taking a break] (rollitosdecanela) | 94 comments Darce wrote: "how's this going? i obviously don't want to check the spoilers ahah but what are your thoughts s..."

Is more deep(?) I think that's the right word to use, every character has change so much and I don't know where everything is going same as the first book.

message 20: by Darcey (new)

Darcey | 179 comments Jadey (the Bookish) wrote: "Yeah I did! The magic system took me a while to get to grips with, but I definitely thought it was worth it in the end. The..."

glad you're enjoying the trilogy so far, though it's a pity the 2nd book wasn't as amazing in your opinion. can't wait to start reading the series!

message 21: by Darcey (new)

Darcey | 179 comments — Massiel wrote: "Darce wrote: "how's this going? i obviously don't want to check the spoilers ahah but what are your thoughts s..."

Is more deep(?) I think that's the right word to use, every character has change ..."

oh that sounds cool! enjoy :))

— Massiel [taking a break] (rollitosdecanela) | 94 comments @Darce: Thanks, you too!

message 23: by Mahi (last edited Jun 11, 2020 06:24AM) (new)

Mahi | 114 comments Hi Darce, I want to clear my currently reading shelf before embarking the Mistborn series, so can we start the read from 14th?

message 24: by Darcey (new)

Darcey | 179 comments Mahi wrote: "Hi Darce, I want to clear my currently reading shelf before embarking the Mistborn series, so can we start the read from 14th?"

yep sure, that works really well for me too! can't wait :))

message 25: by Mahi (new)

Mahi | 114 comments let me know the pace of the read and the plan

message 26: by Darcey (new)

Darcey | 179 comments Mahi wrote: "let me know the pace of the read and the plan"

i really don't mind, want to read 4 or 5 chapters a day? maybe 4? and we'll include the prologue as a chapter? depends how much you want to read a day :))

message 27: by Mahi (new)

Mahi | 114 comments 4 chapters sounds good and consider prologue as a chapter.

message 28: by Darcey (new)

Darcey | 179 comments Yep cool, I’ll read the first 4 chapters tonight! Can’t wait to start :))

message 29: by Darcey (new)

Darcey | 179 comments ok i've read the first 4 chapters! so far the book seems pretty interesting, i like the magic world and the way everything is building up, and the characters seem interesting. how are you going, Mahi?

message 30: by Mahi (new)

Mahi | 114 comments I finished chapter 3. Everything is perfect so far and Sanderson's writing is remarkable.

message 31: by Darcey (new)

Darcey | 179 comments yes his writing is definitely stunning, his world building is INCREDIBLE. i'll read the next 4 chapters (so up to chapter 8) now :))

message 32: by Darcey (new)

Darcey | 179 comments Woah I’ve stopped at chapter 12! Damn! This just keeps getting better! The magic is so cool, and the intricacy of the characters is insane, I love it. How are you going, Mahi?

message 33: by Mahi (new)

Mahi | 114 comments I just finished chapter 6 and i'm going to spend the night with my eyes sticking to the pages filled with magic. I will try to catch up :)

message 34: by Darcey (new)

Darcey | 179 comments all good! these chapters are longer than i thought, if you want we can go to 3 chapters a day? your choice :))

message 35: by Darcey (new)

Darcey | 179 comments anyway I’ll read 3 chapters tonight :)) talk to you soon!

message 36: by Mahi (last edited Jun 17, 2020 05:01AM) (new)

Mahi | 114 comments Finished chapter 12. yeah, the chapters have more pages than the average count. I'm not able to comprehend the few lines at the start of each chapter, any idea??

message 37: by Darcey (new)

Darcey | 179 comments Cool, I’ve stopped at chapter 15, so I just finished chapter 14. Bit of a cliffhanger of a chapter!
And nope I’m not really sure what the little paragraph thing at the start of every chapter is, though I reckon it’s about The Lord Ruler, maybe from his POV when he was taking over the country or something? So like The Lord Ruler in the past? Just a prediction :))

message 38: by Mahi (new)

Mahi | 114 comments I finished chapter 13 excluding prologue. Are we on the same page or you're still a chapter ahead??

message 39: by Mahi (new)

Mahi | 114 comments Finished part 2 (chapter 15). Whoa, the last two chapters of the part 2 are breathtaking!!!

Jadey (the Bookish) | 40 comments The little passages at the start of each chapter become a lot more clearer as the story goes on! I wouldn't worry about them too much for now, especially since you could flick back through them when you're nearer the end when they'll make a lot more sense :)

message 41: by Darcey (new)

Darcey | 179 comments Mahi wrote: "Finished part 2 (chapter 15). Whoa, the last two chapters of the part 2 are breathtaking!!!"

oh cool, i'll finish part 2 later today! can't wait!
how many chapters a day are we reading now?

message 42: by Darcey (new)

Darcey | 179 comments Jadey (the Bookish) wrote: "The little passages at the start of each chapter become a lot more clearer as the story goes on! I wouldn't worry about them too much for now, especially since you could flick back through them whe..."

thank you! i look forward to finding out what they are ;))

message 43: by Mahi (new)

Mahi | 114 comments 4 chapters a day. Some chapters are long, and some are comparatively short, so read as many chapters as you can. You can read more chapters if you have time and i will try to catch up :))

message 44: by Darcey (new)

Darcey | 179 comments Ok sounds good, I’ll do some reading tonight and let you know where I get up to :))

message 45: by Darcey (new)

Darcey | 179 comments Ok so I just finished chapter 19 (excluding the prequel) so I’m up to chapter 20! I’ll stop here and read the next 4 chapters tomorrow, I’m really loving the story so far!
Kelsier and Vin are such well written characters and I can’t wait to find out more about Elend, what do you think so far, Mahi?

message 46: by Mahi (new)

Mahi | 114 comments I'm going to start chapter 18. I'm not able to find a specific point which i didn't like. Of all the things, i'm impressed most by the magic system. I've read a few fantasy books with some kind of magic and almost in every book, the magic was superficially explained. Authors of those books just provided the details of magic and how it works, but they never narrated the story with magic. I'm loving every character. i liked conversations btw Kelsier and Vin, Breeze and Ham, Sazed and Vin are somethings , especially little conversations btw Breeze and Ham :)

message 47: by Sophia (new)

Sophia | 1 comments Read this trilogy before, and absolutely loved it! I'm glad there's a group for it now! :)

message 48: by Darcey (last edited Jun 19, 2020 05:58AM) (new)

Darcey | 179 comments Mahi wrote: "I'm going to start chapter 18. I'm not able to find a specific point which i didn't like. Of all the things, i'm impressed most by the magic system. I've read a few fantasy books with some kind of ..."

cool! i didn't have time to read another 4 chapters today but i'll read 4 tomorrow morning and then probably some more later tomorrow.
also glad you're loving it! the magic system is definitely incredible and Brandon Sanderson is a stunning author, glad you're loving it! Ham's philosophical conversations are hilarious ahahah, i love it.
also i'm going to make a prediction/guess here and say that the person pretending to be Lord Renoux actually is Lord Renoux but his dead body being possessed or something! i mean at the start when everyone was saying they couldn't trust aristocracy they all suddenly realised something that they thought was wrong to tell Vin, and then there was a mention of being able to raise dead bodies later on, so i'm thinking Kelsier killed and then raised Lord Renoux's dead body or something. just a guess! i guess we'll see, what do you think, Mahi?

message 49: by Darcey (new)

Darcey | 179 comments Sophia wrote: "Read this trilogy before, and absolutely loved it! I'm glad there's a group for it now! :)"

glad you loved it, i'm loving it so far!

message 50: by Mahi (last edited Jun 19, 2020 10:27AM) (new)

Mahi | 114 comments i'll finish part 3 tmrw. That is an interesting prediction, but the probability of happening is very acute i guess...not sure(•‿•)

« previous 1