Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Combine editions with new cover as the main display

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by A.K. (new)

A.K. Rouse (a_k_rouse) | 15 comments I have two things I need help with. Thank you.

1. I have two editions (only because the cover is different) and these need to be combined so that reviews will show from the old cover.

2. The current cover displaying as the primary thumbnail for this book is the old cover. Could you please deprecate that and put the new cover as the primary?

message 2: by Alison (new)

Alison | 883 comments 1. They are combined already.

2. Only authors can set the primary/default edition. As was mentioned in your other thread, you need to contact support to get them to remove the space from your initials. It may take some time. Once your book is on your profile, you will be able to set the edition that shows on your author profile page: https://help.goodreads.com/s/article/...

message 3: by A.K. (new)

A.K. Rouse (a_k_rouse) | 15 comments Thanks for the explanation. I have contacted support about the space. Who would’ve known that a space would be so problematic?

message 4: by A.K. (new)

A.K. Rouse (a_k_rouse) | 15 comments Do I have to create an alternate cover edition for both the paperback and e-book? I'm assuming that is why when I follow the directions above I only see the old cover. I think I must have only created an alternate cover edition for the ebook. Just want to make sure before I go mucking around in there.

message 5: by Alex (new)

Alex | 2739 comments If an updated cover exists for both editions, then yes, Alternative Cover Editions need to be created for each. However, setting the primary will only affect what book appears on your profile. Beyond that would be an issue for support rather than librarians.

message 6: by Emily (new)

Emily | 14434 comments A.K. wrote: "Do I have to create an alternate cover edition for both the paperback and e-book? I'm assuming that is why when I follow the directions above I only see the old cover. I think I must have only crea..."

The Kindle edition has an alternate cover that was created for you in another thread by another librarian. You have set it as the default, so that is what shows on your profile. The paperback edition does not yet, so if you want to show the new cover for it, then you would need an alternate cover edition (ACE).