FLASHLIGHT READERS discussion

SOCIAL ISSUES AND PROBLEMS > Cyber Bullying

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Srujan, Bibliophile (new)

Srujan (srujanreads) | 1320 comments Mod
Hey guys feel free to write down your thoughts about Cyber Bullying and how to face it!

Amanda Artist Cat (amandawholovesbooks) I just met my very first cyber bully this afternoon. Sge was sooooooo mean, she kept using the f-word, she personally insulted my friend many many times for no reason, and worst of all she ONLY CREATED HER ACCOUNT TO TORMENT my poor friend 😠! She said she is proud to make girls cry.
I flagged her comments, and Goodreads deleted her account *Cheers!*
But there's no telling if she'll be back with a new account 😤! I'm so sick of her.

Amanda Artist Cat (amandawholovesbooks) Adela wrote: "Amanda I think we’re talking about the same person, but yeah she was horrible. I hate cyber bullying because you don’t know the person, you don’t know what’s going on in there life. No one should e..."

Yes, we are talking about the same person! I saw your comment and I went to comment as well, and the bully even replied me! She is really very odd - who on earth spends all day writing rude things to people they don't even know?? 😤

Amanda Artist Cat (amandawholovesbooks) From what I heard, the bully goes to the same school as Pastel and has been picking on her for eight years...

message 5: by Amanda Artist Cat (last edited Jun 21, 2020 06:42PM) (new)

Amanda Artist Cat (amandawholovesbooks) Adela wrote: "Oh my god that’s horrible. I feel really bad. Has she gone to the principal about it? Gosh I haven’t even been in school for eight years.."

Yes, it's really dreadful. But I don't think Pastel is handling it well... No offence to her, but she just lets it happen. 😢

Amanda Artist Cat (amandawholovesbooks) Adela wrote: "Yeah, I just really hope she makes it through 😢"

I do too...

Amanda Artist Cat (amandawholovesbooks) Aria wrote: "omg I sounded really off topic because I just randomly chimed in with a unrelated comment. sorry"

It's not unrelated! Poor you... 😔

Amanda Artist Cat (amandawholovesbooks) Aria wrote: "Yeah cyber bullies suck"

Definitely. No question.

message 9: by Kate (new)

Kate All of the people in my grade at school have Snapchat except me, so they to talk about me behind my back, say untrue things, and judge me. Then, as a joke, someone sent me photos of the whole conversation just to make me feel bad. Cyber bullies suck! The worst part is that I try so hard to be nice to every single one of them. I try to be equally and consistently nice to everyone at my school, and then they decide to talk about me behind my back?!

Amanda Artist Cat (amandawholovesbooks) Kate wrote: "All of the people in my grade at school have Snapchat except me, so they to talk about me behind my back, say untrue things, and judge me. Then, as a joke, someone sent me photos of the whole conve..."

I'm so sorry, Kate 😞!! That's really dreadful of them. Is there anything I can do to help? I don't have Snapchat though...

message 11: by Kate (new)

Kate Not really. Thanks though! It just makes me mad. Especially because in talking about me behind my back, they also made fun of something that I really believe in. (They were discussing whether or not they think I'm gay. I'm straight, but I really support LGBT and they were making fun of me and it. Also it's none of their business what I identify myself as!)

message 12: by Kate (new)

Kate Sorry, I don't know why I'm letting this get to me so much. 😓

Amanda Artist Cat (amandawholovesbooks) Kate wrote: "Sorry, I don't know why I'm letting this get to me so much. 😓"

It would have got to anyone. I would be really hurt and angry too😡.
I wholeheartedly support the LGBTQ community, but I wouldn't want to be said to be someone I'm not. If you're straight, you're straight. No one should tell you otherwise.

message 14: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 532 comments I've personally never experienced cyber-bullying, but it's awful and has absolutely no place in this world, as with any other type of bullying or harassment. I'm here for you all if you need it! :) :) Also, I found these songs really helpful if you're going through a tough time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xYGm...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPetN...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36tgg...

message 15: by Amna (new)

Amna (iamnaa) | 340 comments I don't know whether it's bullying or not.
Some random boys stalked my instagram account and started to send me flirty messages. One of them even talked to me in a very dirty manner. Hopefully now I don't recieve any such messages....thank god!!!!

Amanda Artist Cat (amandawholovesbooks) Amna wrote: "I don't know whether it's bullying or not.
Some random boys stalked my instagram account and started to send me flirty messages. One of them even talked to me in a very dirty manner. Hopefully now ..."

Oh no that's awful of them!! That's rude and unthoughtful and annoying even though it's not bullying!

Amanda Artist Cat (amandawholovesbooks) Aria wrote: "Yep. It was not fun."

Oh, definitely! But you were really nice and brave to step in like that! :) ;)

message 18: by Ojas (new)

Ojas | 211 comments Everything you do on the internet is tracked and when you are going for a job interview or something, they check this, so technically cyberbullies ultimately lose.