What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Paratrooper returns from world war 2 with amnesia and forgets his wife

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Oliver (new)

Oliver | 2 comments Read this book sometime around 1998-2000, it seemed relatively old at the time (found on my grandma's bookshelf), but clearly post 1945. Possible spoilers ahead:

A paratrooper has returned from WW2 With head injuries and cannot remember anything, including his wife. He was a former carpenter but now doesn't have the skill to continue, so finds other employment in the nightclub industry, eventually owning his own club. Meanwhile he falls in love with the wife of his friend, and discovers that he and his wife were planning to divorce before the war. I don't remember a lot of the intricate details but I do remember I could barely put it down and have thought about it ever since. Completely forgotten the name of the author and title of the book - please help!

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 32339 comments Mod
Oliver, what's the genre - historical romance? We need to add this to the topic header.

message 3: by Oliver (new)

Oliver | 2 comments I guess so? It's fiction which includes romance, historical references and business, so seems as good a genre as any!