What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Adult Historical Romance. The hero and heroine are from two different kingdoms - they get arranged married. Heroine loses virginity in a pond.

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Feminista (new)

Feminista (feminsta) | 4 comments I need help finding this book that I read ages ago, which I didn’t get to finish and that I haven’t been able to find ever since. It’s a historical (maybe fantasy) setting. The hero and heroine are from two different kingdoms. To create peace between the two kingdoms, it is proposed that the two get married. The first time the heroine sees the hero is on her wedding day. The heroine has a childhood sweetheart that she always thought she’d get married to.

The heroine and hero leave her kingdom/nation the day they get married and they are riding in a carriage which is then attacked by some bandits/people who don’t want the two kingdoms uniting. The heroine doesn’t listen to the hero about staying in the carriage and gets out to help. The hero gets mad when he sees that the heroine hasn’t listened to him. They then stop at a pond where the hero and heroine get rockin’. 😉

The carriage finally reached the hero’s castle/kingdom. I remember there being a huge distinction between the sunny and happy home that the heroine left behind and the cold and gloomy castle she then has to make her home.

A lot of other things happen which I don’t really remember but I think at one stage the heroine realises that she has to go and warn her family about some invasion and so she leaves, against the hero’s wishes, get a horse from the stable and rides all the way to her parents kingdom to warn them. I also remember someone telling her that if she doesn’t return to her husband willingly, her husband will bring the entire army to her parents kingdom to bring her back.

There is also this sub plot about who the hero’s father and that it might actually be this other man who brought him up, since he was a child and that the hero’s mother would rather live with her cold father than go back to her husband (I think maybe because the husband knows who the father of “his son” is).

Anyway, that’s about all I remember. Would really appreciate it if someone can help me. ☺️

message 2: by Crystal (last edited May 24, 2020 03:52AM) (new)

Crystal | 327 comments This is probably not it - but some parts of this plot remind me of Radiance by Grace Draven

message 3: by Feminista (new)

Feminista (feminsta) | 4 comments Crystal wrote: "This is probably not it - but some parts of this plot remind me of Radiance by Grace Draven"

You're right, that's not it. Thanks anyway Crystal.

message 4: by Irene (new)

Irene (eyereeen) | 37 comments It sounds like something by Julie Garwood - does her name ring a bell? I think I've read the book you're talking about but can't pinpoint the exact title at the moment. Do you remember if it was part of a series, or if it was by a well-known author?

message 5: by Feminista (new)

Feminista (feminsta) | 4 comments Irene wrote: "It sounds like something by Julie Garwood - does her name ring a bell? I think I've read the book you're talking about but can't pinpoint the exact title at the moment. Do you remember if it was pa..."

I just checked out Julie Garwood's entire list of historical books and it is not one of them. I don't think the book was a part of a series. I believe it was a stand-alone.

I cannot remember the author at all. I had picked it up in my school library and it was the first book of that author's that I had picked up.

If you have read it, will it be on your read shelf on goodreads? I am happy to look through that shelf, if it is.

message 6: by Irene (new)

Irene (eyereeen) | 37 comments Feel free to look at my shelves, but I don’t log everything I read (which is a problem!!) so a lot of books I’ve read aren’t there. I only log books that I have a strong opinion about, usually.

If you found it in a school library, does it mean the target age range/audience is Young Adult? May I ask what kind of school? (High school, college, etc?)

In that case, I might be thinking of a different book/author.

message 7: by Feminista (new)

Feminista (feminsta) | 4 comments It was in high school, but I remember thinking the book was meant for adult readership. The parts between the hero and heroine were certainly not glossed over.

I had a look through your shelf and couldn’t find one that fits my description.

I would appreciate it if you could let me know if you think of any book that matches this description.

Thank you!

message 8: by Irene (last edited Jun 04, 2020 08:47PM) (new)

Irene (eyereeen) | 37 comments Feminista wrote: "It was in high school, but I remember thinking the book was meant for adult readership. The parts between the hero and heroine were certainly not glossed over.

I had a look through your shelf and..."

Right, I don't think it's on my shelves. If it was in a high school library, I'm assuming it didn't have a obviously "adult" title or cover, otherwise I'd guess it might be Maya Banks or another author of highlander/scottish-inspired romances - since that could account for the two kingdoms if it's not fantasy.

Do you see it on this list?
https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/2...

Another possible author on that list in Judith McNaught, but I can't pin down a specific book of hers that matches your description, although some of her books have a similar type of plot.

message 9: by Kris (new)

Kris | 33405 comments Mod
I added "adult ... romance" to the topic header. Feel free to update it by clicking the small “edit” link after the header. This only works on the full Desktop website – not the Mobile website or app.

message 10: by Night (new)

Night  | 69 comments 'bump'
following

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Radiance (other topics)