What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Children's Fantasy novel. Boy Doesn't Know he is wizard, orphan, not Harry Potter

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nathan (new)

Nathan Waters (literaryarmy) | 3 comments I am pretty sure this book is a middle grade or childrens book. All I can remember is the main character is a young boy who has no parents. He lives in a society that magic is outlawed. Yet the villian is a wizard and can use magic. There is a scene where the main character discovers a room with different colored books. He discovers that each differently colored book pertains to a specific kind of magic. For example he sees a black book and the black book is about the most dangerous and most powerful magic in his world. I think the main villian had a wand and it was a cat themed wand but I don't know if that's actually true. I am certain that the different colored books scene absolutely happened. I remember reading this book either in 2014 or 2015.

message 2: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 16178 comments Was it set in a boarding school like Harry Potter?

How old is the boy in the story? If he was an orphan, where did he live?

message 3: by Nathan (new)

Nathan Waters (literaryarmy) | 3 comments Rainbowheart wrote: "Was it set in a boarding school like Harry Potter?

How old is the boy in the story? If he was an orphan, where did he live?"

There was no boarding school, and the boy wasn't a teenager. He was still a kid. I can't remember where he lived. I know he didn't live in an orphanage though.

message 4: by Kris (new)

Kris | 33390 comments Mod
Added "children's fantasy novel" to the topic header. Feel free to update it.