What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Adult Historical fiction- read between 2017-2019 -starts with a young girl (I think in another country) , her mom doesn’t like her; her family leaves and her brother dies while they’re away and they blame it on her

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Alyssa | 6 comments I read this book within the past 2-3 years (2017-2019) So what I remember about this book is that there’s a young girl who I think is in another country and she doesn’t fit in with what’s expected of her. I feel like her family thinks she has mental issues. Her family ties her up at the table with a handkerchief because she doesn’t follow the expected rules. Then her family at some point leaves for a trip and leaves the young girl, her baby brother and their nurse/nanny behind. The baby brother and nurse/nanny did from illness (typhoid??) and the family blames it on the girl.

I don’t remember if this was a flashback or the start of the story or what. There’s a chance it’s not historical fiction, but I’m pretty sure it is.

message 2: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Alyssa | 6 comments The baby died in the girl’s arms. This is an adult novel and I believe written within the past ten years. It wasn’t an old novel.

message 3: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35106 comments Mod
Thanks. Added "Adult" to the topic header.