Koontzland - Dean Koontz discussion

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Karen (new)

Karen Dandurant (karendandurant) | 77 comments I just got Oddkins, a 1988 Dean Koontz fable for all ages. It's really a kids book, but very cool and beautifully illustrated.

message 2: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 51 comments I've heard of that one but never seen it. Very cool!

message 3: by Karen (new)

Karen Dandurant (karendandurant) | 77 comments I am excited to read it.

message 4: by Matthew (new)

Matthew | 173 comments Oddkins is terrific...think of it as a darker than normal Pixar film and you'll be in the right ball park. When first published back in '88 Tim Burton apparently expressed interest in making an animated film of it. Alas, that didn't happen.

message 5: by Matthew (new)

Matthew | 173 comments Speaking of older Koontz titles and/or cool finds...thanks to the local libraries around me I've been able to read Hanging On and Dragonfly, both of which were published in the 1970's. And, even better, but are pretty good (especially Hanging On).

message 6: by Karen (new)

Karen Dandurant (karendandurant) | 77 comments Matthew wrote: "Speaking of older Koontz titles and/or cool finds...thanks to the local libraries around me I've been able to read Hanging On and Dragonfly, both of which were published in the 1970's. And, even be..."

Nice!

message 7: by Karen (new)

Karen Dandurant (karendandurant) | 77 comments Matthew wrote: "Oddkins is terrific...think of it as a darker than normal Pixar film and you'll be in the right ball park. When first published back in '88 Tim Burton apparently expressed interest in making an ani..."
Damn. I love Tim Burton movies. This would have been awesome.

message 8: by Dustin the wind Crazy little brown owl, Colorful Colorado (new)

Dustin the wind Crazy little brown owl (dustpancrazy) | 5993 comments Mod
Karen wrote: "I just got Oddkins, a 1988 Dean Koontz fable for all ages. It's really a kids book, but very cool and beautifully illustrated."

Have you started reading it yet?
I think I once got a copy through interlibrary loan, but unfortunately didn't have time to fully experience it.

message 9: by Dustin the wind Crazy little brown owl, Colorful Colorado (new)

Dustin the wind Crazy little brown owl (dustpancrazy) | 5993 comments Mod
Matthew wrote: "Speaking of older Koontz titles and/or cool finds...thanks to the local libraries around me I've been able to read Hanging On and Dragonfly, both of which were published in the 1970's. And, even be..."

I've never read Hanging On or Dragonfly. Last time I tried to request a copy of Dragonfly from the library, they weren't lending it out.
I just looked on Amazon and used copies are available of both titles. Oddkins is more affordable though, currently starting around $22 . Oddkins also has an audiobook option.

message 10: by Karen (new)

Karen Dandurant (karendandurant) | 77 comments Dustin Crazy little brown owl wrote: "Karen wrote: "I just got Oddkins, a 1988 Dean Koontz fable for all ages. It's really a kids book, but very cool and beautifully illustrated."

Have you started reading it yet?
I think I once got a ..."

I haven't started it yet. Crazy busy working this weekend. I will probably read it on Wednesday, first day off. I am really looking forward to it. I have looked through it and the illustrations are wonderful.

message 11: by Mark (new)

Mark Simpkins | 1 comments I’m reading DOOR TO DECEMBER and think it’s mid 80s. I’ve enjoyed it and it is classic Koontz themes. Love, redemption, loss, and perseverance.

message 12: by Barbara (new)

Barbara | 454 comments Oddkins is a beautiful book!!

message 13: by Karen (new)

Karen Dandurant (karendandurant) | 77 comments Seriously is.