What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > YA old fantasy series about young children traveling to another world. Young girl hits her head on her pillow a number of times to determine what time she wakes up each morning

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chris (new)

Chris Davis (cmdavis82) | 3 comments I read this book in the early 90s but it was definitely an old book then. Certainly pre 1960s.

It was a fantasy book (I believe series) where a group of children travels to another world (like Narnia books.)

I remember the young girl in the group would hit her head a number of times on her pillow to determine what time she woke up. I found it odd even back then and it has stuck with me.

I want to say the author's name begins with an "E" like an Edward or Edmund. For some reason the last name "White" pops up in my head too but that could be false memory

message 3: by Chris (new)

Chris Davis (cmdavis82) | 3 comments Thanks Rosa, but not "It."

message 4: by Rosa (new)

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 4980 comments The Story of the Amulet?
Same kids (it's Anthea who hits her head on her pillow). Time-and-space travel.

message 5: by Rosa (new)

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 4980 comments They're by E. Nesbit. The "E" is for Edith.

message 6: by Rosa (new)

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 4980 comments Chris?

message 7: by SceneNothing (new)

SceneNothing | 13 comments If not above, possibly one of the Chrestomanci book series by Diana Wynne Jones?

message 8: by Chris (new)

Chris Davis (cmdavis82) | 3 comments I think you must be right, Rosa. Thanks!

message 9: by Kris (new)

Kris | 33236 comments Mod
Here's the Google Books preview of Five Children and It (book #1) by E. Nesbit - Rosa's suggestion:

https://books.google.com/books?id=Q_r... There are different cover images.

Here is a plot summary - with Spoilers - on Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Five_Ch...

- Should we mark your request as Solved?

message 10: by Rosa (new)

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 4980 comments Chris?