Dumbledore's *Reading* Army discussion

The Elite (The Selection, #2)
This topic is about The Elite
Book of the Month Discussions > June 2020 Series- The Elite

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Tessa Herondale~Carstairs (jessawessa) | 1136 comments Mod
Most people on the poll said that they wanted to continue the series that we start, so in June, we are going to be reading The Elite, along with the book that the poll picks.

We can start discussing this now!!

This is my least favorite book in the series

message 4: by Ani (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ani (anic) | 250 comments Mine too. America really gets on my nerves here. It's like, just stop moping around and pick a guy!

Emery Rose Ani wrote: "Mine too. America really gets on my nerves here. It's like, just stop moping around and pick a guy!"

Same here, Ani. I really want to lecture her! LET GO OF ASPEN. HES A GONNER ANYWAY. MAXON LIKES YOU WTF ARE YOU DOING

Right?! I was so pissed during this book because of that

Nicola Michelle (nicolamichelle) | 101 comments I found this book torture but a kind of enjoyable torture xD. I still enjoyed it just as much as the others but her indecisiveness is annoying but I suppose that is the foundation of this book series. Who will she pick? Will she, won’t she, read on to find out more..!

I liked getting to read more about the others in the selection though now that they’re elite and can concentrate on more of the characters individually. Marlee and Celeste’s characters too I’ve always found interesting!

message 8: by Ani (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ani (anic) | 250 comments The action on this book is way better that's for sure, and the scene where they have the Halloween ball, and then the last scene with Maxon and America...those are my favorites. But I really admire Maxon for being so patient with America. I'd already kicked her ass haha.

Nancy (bookword_925) | 37 comments I also didn't really like this book. I feel like a lot of second books in trilogies are really bad...

Nancy (bookword_925) | 37 comments Well maybe not "really bad" but just not as good as the other ones

This book was very 'meh' for me. The whole time I was like "just pick one!!!"

Lucy Tonks | 636 comments Mod
the whole selection series is like an 'alright' series for me. i read it for the first time earlier this year and maybe i would have liked it more if i read it a couple of years ago, when i was just getting into reading and i was reading a big number of dystopians...