YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

Rush (The Game, #1)
This topic is about Rush
GROUP BUDDY READ > Rush (The Game #1) by Eve Silver - GBR - Starting June 1st 2020

Comments Showing 1-33 of 33 (33 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 22694 comments Mod

So what's the game now? This, or the life I used to know?

Miki Jones's carefully controlled life spins into chaos after she's run down in the street, left broken and bloody. She wakes up fully healed in a place called the lobby - pulled from her life, through time and space into some kind of game in which she and a team of other teens are sent on missions to eliminate the Drau, terrifying and beautiful alien creatures.

There are no practice runs, no training, and no way out. Every moment of the game is kill or be killed, and Miki has only the questionable guidance of Jackson Tate, the team's alluring and secretive leader. He evades her questions, holds himself aloof from the others, and claims it's every player for himself. But when he puts himself at risk to watch Miki's back, he leaves her both frustrated and fascinated. Jackson says the game isn't really a game, that what Miki and her new teammates do now determines their survival. And the survival of every other person on the planet. She laughs. He doesn't. And then the game takes a deadly and terrifying turn.

Rush (The Game #1) by Eve Silver will be our 3rd GBR for June 2020.

Please read at your own pace, and hide any spoilers ☺ You are welcome to join at any time during the month ☺

Happy Reading Everybody!

Pre-Reading Questions -

Anybody got any thoughts on this one before we start?

Has anyone read anything similar to this before?

Anybody read anything else by this author previously?

message 4: by Ta || bookishbluehead (last edited Jun 04, 2020 04:10AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ta || bookishbluehead (bookishbluehead) | 1262 comments I have this book on my TBR for quite some time now and I'm happy I finally have a reason to really start this book. The summary sounds to me like a mix between Armada and Nerve. I haven't read anythin by the author before, so I hope this is as good as the blurp promisses.

Ta || bookishbluehead (bookishbluehead) | 1262 comments Ch 3 (view spoiler)

message 6: by Aly (new) - rated it 3 stars

Aly (alyp_01) | 9536 comments I've seen this book a lot but never looked into it. I'm excited to read it finally

message 7: by Aly (new) - rated it 3 stars

Aly (alyp_01) | 9536 comments Julie wrote: "Ch 3 [spoilers removed]"

I am with you (view spoiler)

message 8: by Aly (new) - rated it 3 stars

Aly (alyp_01) | 9536 comments ch 6 (view spoiler)

Ta || bookishbluehead (bookishbluehead) | 1262 comments Aly wrote: "ch 6 the beginning was really confusing but now I kind of understand. She did die, but was recruited by this team that has all this magic and kills aliens. She gets to go back to her life for now,..."

(view spoiler)

Ta || bookishbluehead (bookishbluehead) | 1262 comments Ch 9 (view spoiler)

message 11: by Aly (new) - rated it 3 stars

Aly (alyp_01) | 9536 comments Julie wrote: "Ch 9 [spoilers removed]"
I didn't even think of that! Hmm...

message 12: by Aly (new) - rated it 3 stars

Aly (alyp_01) | 9536 comments ch 12 (view spoiler)

Ta || bookishbluehead (bookishbluehead) | 1262 comments Aly wrote: "ch 12 [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

Ta || bookishbluehead (bookishbluehead) | 1262 comments Ch 16 (view spoiler)

Ta || bookishbluehead (bookishbluehead) | 1262 comments The End (view spoiler)

message 16: by Aly (new) - rated it 3 stars

Aly (alyp_01) | 9536 comments Julie wrote: "Ch 16 [spoilers removed]"

Ooh yeah that makes a lot of sense!

message 17: by Aly (new) - rated it 3 stars

Aly (alyp_01) | 9536 comments ch 18 (view spoiler)

message 18: by Aly (new) - rated it 3 stars

Aly (alyp_01) | 9536 comments finished (view spoiler) This wasn't a bad read and I'm happy to read book 2 in a couple weeks if you want

message 19: by Aly (new) - rated it 3 stars

Aly (alyp_01) | 9536 comments Julie wrote: "The End [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

Ta || bookishbluehead (bookishbluehead) | 1262 comments Aly wrote: "finished [spoilers removed] This wasn't a bad read and I'm happy to read book 2 in a couple weeks if you want"

Yes, awesome. I have only planned a few books here and there for the next weeks, so just tell me when it's a good time for you to start. :)

Ta || bookishbluehead (bookishbluehead) | 1262 comments Aly wrote: "Julie wrote: "The End [spoilers removed]"

[spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

message 22: by Aly (new) - rated it 3 stars

Aly (alyp_01) | 9536 comments Julie wrote: "Aly wrote: "Julie wrote: "The End [spoilers removed]"

[spoilers removed]"

[spoilers removed]"

Yes exactly!

message 23: by Aly (new) - rated it 3 stars

Aly (alyp_01) | 9536 comments Julie wrote: "Aly wrote: "finished [spoilers removed] This wasn't a bad read and I'm happy to read book 2 in a couple weeks if you want"

Yes, awesome. I have only planned a few books here and there for the next..."

I can read it on the 12th or later

Karen Barber | 10137 comments Up to ch4. Like the concept though not really sure I’m 100% following what’s going on. Who’s set this up? How are they chosen? What happens if they succeed?

message 25: by Aly (new) - rated it 3 stars

Aly (alyp_01) | 9536 comments Karen wrote: "Up to ch4. Like the concept though not really sure I’m 100% following what’s going on. Who’s set this up? How are they chosen? What happens if they succeed?"

Yeah the beginning is confusing for sure

Karen Barber | 10137 comments Up to ch14. Some of my earlier questions have been cleared up, though there’s still a lot we’re not being told. Not sure why Jackson and Luka are giving each other such a hard time.

message 27: by Aly (last edited Jun 17, 2020 12:00PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Aly (alyp_01) | 9536 comments Karen wrote: "Up to ch14. Some of my earlier questions have been cleared up, though there’s still a lot we’re not being told. Not sure why Jackson and Luka are giving each other such a hard time."

Things make sense the more you go. I hope you're liking it!

Karen Barber | 10137 comments Up to ch18. This is setting up a lot of questions-is there more to Miki’s involvement? Can’t understand why her friend Carly is being so silly. Entertaining enough, but I feel a little detached - perhaps because we don’t really know what’s going on.

Karen Barber | 10137 comments Finished. Full review on home page. I’m torn about this as the idea was intriguing, but too much irritated me.

Karen Barber | 10137 comments Julie wrote: "Ch 3 [spoilers removed]"

I didn't find Miki annoying to begin with - but by the end I was starting to wonder!

Karen Barber | 10137 comments Julie wrote: "Aly wrote: "ch 6 the beginning was really confusing but now I kind of understand. She did die, but was recruited by this team that has all this magic and kills aliens. She gets to go back to her li..."

(view spoiler)

Karen Barber | 10137 comments Julie wrote: "Aly wrote: "ch 12 [spoilers removed]"

[spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

message 33: by Aly (new) - rated it 3 stars

Aly (alyp_01) | 9536 comments Karen wrote: "Julie wrote: "Aly wrote: "ch 12 [spoilers removed]"

[spoilers removed]"

[spoilers removed]"

Yeah that's what I got out of it. I think I'll read the next book to see what happens