WBTPLibrary Book Club discussion

What are you reading?

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

West Bloomfield Twp. Public Library (wblibrary) | 47 comments Mod
Good morning everyone! Before we start our next book I wanted to start a general discussion about other books we've read lately, or favorites we've read in the past. Maybe we could all share some book recommendations?

message 2: by Erica (new)

Erica Zutz | 19 comments I am reading know my name by Chanel Miller but this entire quarantine I have pretty much read Rom Coms and other enjoyable fluff.

I've been reading lighter stuff too, but I've also been struggling to read during quarantine. I read some "modern romance" and enjoyed them more than I thought I would (The Right Swipe and The Kiss Quotient). As a librarian, I really thought I'd be using all of this time to read like crazy but sadly it just hasn't happened. Know My Name is definitely on my to-read list though, I'd love to hear your thoughts on it when you're done.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

I agree, I really have struggled with my concentration and attention during this quarantine time. I managed to get through 'The Splendid and the Vile' by Erik Larson which was fantastic, also 'The House of Kennedy' by James Patterson, 'The Boy From the Woods' by Harlan Coben, and I am currently trying to get through 'The Dutch House' by Ann Patchett and 'Dutch Girl: Audrey Hepburn and World War II' by Robert Matzen; both are really good so far.

message 5: by Renee (new)

Renee Freeman (reneefreeman) | 1 comments I just finished Aferlife by Julia Alvarez. It was beautifully written, I listened to it through Hoopla and it was very enjoyable

I have heard really good things about Afterlife - it's on my list to read one day. Maybe I'll start listening to it during my commute to work. :)