Strange Love (Galactic Love, #1)
This topic is about Strange Love
Past BotM Archives > Aguirre, Ann // Strange Love

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Maraya21, Marisaur Munchakoopas (new) - rated it 5 stars

Maraya21 (The Reading Dragon) | 1020 comments Mod
Discuss!

kittykat AKA Jo Tortitude | 302 comments I read this book in March and have some interesting opinions about it, so will be 👀 this thread to see what others think.

LolliMolly ⫷fiction addiction⫸ (lollimolly) | 7 comments I'll join in on this one!
I really need to slow my roll on the buddy reads, but I can't help myself 😂

message 4: by Juliet (new)

Juliet | 7 comments I’ll jump in on this one too. I need a couple days to read it, but I’ll let you know what I think.

message 5: by Juliet (new)

Juliet | 7 comments I’ll jump in on this one too. Give me a couple days and I’ll let you know what I thought. 🤍

LolliMolly ⫷fiction addiction⫸ (lollimolly) | 7 comments 52%
"I will protect you, tiny green dirt dogs"
😂😂😂😂😂

Eleni | 71 comments I have no idea what I just read haha. I've never read an alien book where the alien couldn't be in a human form so this was interesting to say the least. (view spoiler) The only parts I really liked in this book was any part with her dog in it and also her "partner" in all the challenges, I can't remember their name. I gave it 3 Stars.

message 8: by BJ (last edited Aug 29, 2020 01:53AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

BJ (barbararhodes) | 3 comments It was 4 stars for me, due the major imaginative stretch. The alien is really alien, and I loved the dog in space aspect too. Great fun, loved the weirdness.

message 9: by Maraya21, Marisaur Munchakoopas (last edited Aug 29, 2020 05:06AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Maraya21 (The Reading Dragon) | 1020 comments Mod
Read this at the beginning if the month and I loved it! True usually insta-love is a no for me but it worked here. I haven't read anything with an alien who is not a humanoid before either so this was extra interesting. A little simple but funny with decent character developement. Glad you guys liked it as well (cause it was my nomination and I am hit or miss spectacularly lol) :D

LolliMolly ⫷fiction addiction⫸ (lollimolly) | 7 comments I LOVED it. It was fun and very different from any other alien romance I've read and I appreciated the whole beta male being represented positively thing. I need to look up more from Aguirre, I get the feeling she has a lot of diverse representation in her books.

message 11: by kittykat AKA Jo Tortitude (last edited Aug 29, 2020 09:49AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

kittykat AKA Jo Tortitude | 302 comments Eleni wrote: "I have no idea what I just read haha. I've never read an alien book where the alien couldn't be in a human form so this was interesting to say the least. (view spoiler) The only parts I really liked in this book was any part with her dog in it and also her "partner" in all the challenges, I can't remember their name. I gave it 3 Stars."

I'm more in line with you on the book, and I read it back in March.

I was really enjoying almost everything about it (I didn't like how it started, I always have trouble with that trope and the sex... because ewww he looks like a giant insect!) until the turn in the narrative in the last quarter/third, which felt like it belonged in a different book to me. Also, given how it ended and where they were, it didn't feel much like a HFN let alone a HEA, when I think the expectation was that it was one or the other.