Unapologetic Romance Readers discussion

Royal Holiday (The Wedding Date, #4)
This topic is about Royal Holiday
Past BotM Archives > Guillory, Jasmine // Royal Holiday

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Maraya21, Marisaur Munchakoopas (new)

Maraya21 (The Reading Dragon) | 1020 comments Mod
Discuss!

message 2: by Eleni (new)

Eleni | 71 comments I'm #35 on my library wait list but still hoping to read this soon.

message 3: by Maraya21, Marisaur Munchakoopas (new)

Maraya21 (The Reading Dragon) | 1020 comments Mod
Eleni wrote: "I'm #35 on my library wait list but still hoping to read this soon."

Considering we are supposed to be reading this in July you will have time :P

message 4: by Eleni (new)

Eleni | 71 comments Maraya21 wrote: "Eleni wrote: "I'm #35 on my library wait list but still hoping to read this soon."

Considering we are supposed to be reading this in July you will have time :P"

Good point! Haha

message 5: by Chris (new)

Chris Labib Yea, I'm hoping to finish The Wedding Party before July so I can join!

message 6: by Erin (new)

Erin | 17 comments Definitely not going to be reading this one unfortunately. I tried her first two books and I just found them to be WAY overhyped IMHO! But whatever floats your 🚣‍♀️

Chelsea (chelseanotchels) | 229 comments I read this over the weekend--anyone else reading?

Shawna (endemictoearth) | 22 comments I read this for another book club over the winter and was super underwhelmed. I know Guillory has gotten some flack, but I genuinely enjoyed her first two books, The Proposal especially. They're not ahmaaaazing, but quite fun. I didn't read The Wedding Party before this one, but I don't think it would have helped my feeling about it.

I can buy lots of different characters seeming juvenile about matters of the heart (I often see reviews of romance books about ppl in their 20s and 30s complaining that they're acting like teenagers about love, and . . . yeah, that tracks) but I couldn't quite buy these two 50-something extremely competent at their jobs and lives individuals would be so high school about liking someone.

The cover is cute; the idea sounds great; the execution was meh.

Chelsea (chelseanotchels) | 229 comments I'm pretty agreed, Shawna--I also liked the first two, particularly The Proposal! But I have found them to be a bit lackluster since then; I had higher hopes for this one because it seemed like a much different set up than the others (older characters, moved to a different setting, etc) but it was kind of meh. The concept itself I thought was cute but...sigh. I found myself wanting some more depth.