YA Buddy Reads Community discussion

Buddy Reads > Wanted: YA Romance/Contemporary Buddy Reads

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by yanitta☏ (last edited May 22, 2020 08:44AM) (new)

yanitta☏ (yanitta) | 70 comments Mod
Post your buddy reading events here! Make sure you post it at least 2 days before the buddy-reading event starts.

Buddy events YOU created will be managed by YOU! While buddy reads created by moderators will be in the BUDDY GROUPS category.

You can discuss how many pages or chapters you will read in a day or week or period of time, talk about what happens in the books or share your opinions and reviews, but please keep them spoiler free unless you state at the top of your comment whether there are spoilers.

Thanks!

message 2: by — Massiel (new)

— Massiel (rollitosdecanela) | 94 comments Hello!

If anyone wants to buddy read any of these books with me let me know, I will read all these in June or try to 😂
Red, White & Royal Blue by Casey McQuiston Autoboyography by Christina Lauren Felix Ever After by Kacen Callender Ziggy, Stardust and Me by James Brandon All Boys Aren't Blue by George M. Johnson A Very Large Expanse of Sea by Tahereh Mafi The Hating Game by Sally Thorne Before You Say I Do by Clare Lydon One of Us Is Next (One of Us Is Lying, #2) by Karen M. McManus The Well of Ascension (Mistborn, #2) by Brandon Sanderson SHOUT by Laurie Halse Anderson Muse of Nightmares (Strange the Dreamer, #2) by Laini Taylor Where the Lost Wander by Amy Harmon My Lovely Wife by Samantha Downing What Lies Between Us by John Marrs My Dark Vanessa by Kate Elizabeth Russell Little Secrets by Jennifer Hillier Backlash by Sarah Darer Littman Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens Birthday by Meredith Russo

There are some mystery and fantasy books but mostly there are contemporary and lgtbq+ books

message 3: by Mahi (new)

Mahi | 114 comments Circe, that is an amazing list.

If you are planning to read 'My Lovely Wife' before second fortnight of June, I'd like to join.

message 4: by — Massiel (new)

— Massiel (rollitosdecanela) | 94 comments @Mahi: I'm planning reading My Lovely Wife on the 20th.

message 5: by Mahi (new)

Mahi | 114 comments Consider me in. I will probably switch between the books.

message 6: by — Massiel (new)

— Massiel (rollitosdecanela) | 94 comments @Mahi: I created the thread is in Group Buddy :)

message 7: by Darcey (last edited May 23, 2020 03:33AM) (new)

Darcey | 179 comments Circe wrote: "Hello!

If anyone wants to buddy read any of these books with me let me know, I will read all these in June or try to 😂
The Hating Game

Hi Circe! I'd love to buddy read The Hating Game sometime in June, maybe late-ish in June? Is that ok with you?

message 8: by — Massiel (new)

— Massiel (rollitosdecanela) | 94 comments @Darce: Hi! I was planning read it starting the month actually (the 1st), we can read it in two different times and still discuss it, is okay with you?

message 9: by Darcey (last edited May 25, 2020 10:05PM) (new)

Darcey | 179 comments Circe wrote: "@Darce: Hi! I was planning read it starting the month actually (the 1st), we can read it in two different times and still discuss it, is okay with you?"

actually i recently finished the other books i've been buddy reading so starting on the 1st of June works for me! if you're happy to buddy read it with me of course :)). so how do we do this? do we make a thread or something?

message 10: by — Massiel (new)

— Massiel (rollitosdecanela) | 94 comments @Darce: I will create the thread and send it to you for PM, that's amazing! Another buddy read <3!

message 11: by Darcey (new)

Darcey | 179 comments Circe wrote: "@Darce: I will create the thread and send it to you for PM, that's amazing! Another buddy read <3!"

yay thank you!! i'll go check it out now :)) thanks for the invite!