YA Buddy Reads Community discussion

Unrelated Topics > Lockdown updates

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by yanitta☏ (new)

yanitta☏ (yanitta) | 70 comments Mod
How are you?

You can talk about yourself, here! Tell us how are you, and how are you coping with the lockdown, what you are doing and your reading or writing plans!

message 2: by yanitta☏ (new)

Adela wrote: "Hi! For me there is about 7000 people who have coronavirus cases. My school is shut down, unit unfortunately we still have online classes. Thankfully those end in a week. I’ve been coping with lock..."

I read a lot too! I worked on writing a novel for a while, and I finished it, so now I’m only reading. For me there are about 3000 cases and school is canceled, and we start a new school year in July! I still have some online extracurriculars. Hope your reading goes well!

message 3: by Abhipsa (new)

Abhipsa Das | 1 comments Hi! I've actually found the lockdown to not be too bad. It's definitely a very scary time but I'm such an introvert I'm actually ok to spend time read in the garden or listening to an audiobook on long walks in the forests. I've also been working on my novel and trying to get through my assignment as well ☺️☺️

message 4: by yanitta☏ (new)

Abhipsa wrote: "Hi! I've actually found the lockdown to not be too bad. It's definitely a very scary time but I'm such an introvert I'm actually ok to spend time read in the garden or listening to an audiobook on ..."

Me too! I didn’t leave my apartment for 2 months! And I have to admit that I like staying home, though these are dark times and I can’t stop worrying for those who leave home...

message 5: by Joshita ❤ (new)

Joshita ❤ hey!
Lockdown is going quite well for me. Although a person got infected who lives like 10 mins away from our house and that is really freaking me out. I hope we can find a cure and get it over with soon!

message 6: by Raphaella (new)

Raphaella | 37 comments Hey everyone!
Thank God some lockdown measures have been lifted here. I am a huge extrovert although I do enjoy staying home and chill a lot. I have elderly people in my place and so it was extra difficult, having to keep them safe in this trying time.
I live in Greece and although school has opened most people don't go. My friends and I get together so it's really not that bad.
I started the Mortal Instruments series during lovkdown and I am sort of hooked, so everything went fine, eventually!
Reading, writing and drawing kept me sane all this time!
I do hope you see your friends soon Tora!
And I hope everyone's safe and sound and your reading is going well!

☀︎El In Oz☀︎ (elinoz) Good to hear! I haven’t seen any friends and we have eased restrictions as well, but it’s still risky. I’m worried about spikes in cases because of the riots though

message 8: by Raphaella (new)

Raphaella | 37 comments Agreed, in situations like that people don't care about social distancing as they should, let's hope things don't get worse