YA Buddy Reads Community discussion

Buddy Reads > Wanted: YA Fantasy/Scifi Buddy Reads

Comments Showing 1-50 of 55 (55 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by yanitta☏ (last edited May 24, 2020 09:52PM) (new)

yanitta☏ (yanitta) | 70 comments Mod
UPDATES
-Six of Crows Buddy Read (May 25th, 2020) is moved to the BUDDY GROUP section of discussions!
-Serpent & Dove Buddy Read (1st week of June) is moved to the BUDDY GROUP section of discussions!
-The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes Buddy Read (June 15th, 2020) is moved to the BUDDY GROUP section of discussions!

Post your buddy reading events here! Make sure you post it at least 2 days before the buddy-reading event starts.

Buddy events YOU created will be managed by YOU! While buddy reads created by moderators will be in the BUDDY GROUPS category.

You can discuss how many pages or chapters you will read in a day or week or period of time, talk about what happens in the books or share your opinions and reviews, but please keep them spoiler free unless you state at the top of your comment whether there are spoilers.

Thanks! Enjoy!

message 2: by yanitta☏ (new)

Adela wrote: "Hello! Does anyone want to buddy read these books?

Six of Crows
The Priory of the Orange Tree
The Final Empire"

Me!! I think I can do one at a time, but Six of Crows is my first choice and the Priory of the Orange Tree would be my second choice.

message 3: by yanitta☏ (last edited May 22, 2020 06:33AM) (new)

Adela wrote: "Thanks! That's awesome! When would you like to start? I've already started Six Of Crows but I'm lacking the motivation needed to go on😂"

Is Monday ok for you? And how many chapters are we reading each day? I'm reading on my Kindle, so I can’t count them by pages, but it’s great that I finally get to read it with someone! ;)

message 4: by yanitta☏ (new)

Adela wrote: "Monday sounds awesome! Maybe 3 chapters a day? Usually when I do buddy reads we’d just each read however much we’re comfortable with, this way we could avoid reading to a really good plot point but..."

Yeah, sure! We can do it your way, then. Read as much as we want, and keep it spoiler-free til the end. I can’t wait to start on Monday! ;)

message 5: by Mahi (new)

Mahi | 114 comments Hi, Let me know if anyone want to buddy read below mentioned books?

Mistborn Trilogy

Farseer Trilogy ( Not sure if it's completely YA)

I'm not in hurry, so kick off date totally depends on comfort of companions.

message 6: by Mahi (new)

Mahi | 114 comments Sure, i am glad to know you are interested.

message 7: by Tianna (new)

Tianna hope (tiannasbookplace) Adela wrote: "Hello! Does anyone want to buddy read these books?

Six of Crows
The Priory of the Orange Tree
The Final Empire"

I just got six of crows in the mail, I would be done for buddy reading :)

message 8: by Tianna (new)

Tianna hope (tiannasbookplace) ꧁yanitta꧂ wrote: "Adela wrote: "Thanks! That's awesome! When would you like to start? I've already started Six Of Crows but I'm lacking the motivation needed to go on😂"

Is Monday ok for you? And how many chapters a..."

could I read with you guys?

message 9: by yanitta☏ (new)

Has anyone no read Serpent and Dove? I feel really bad about not reading it yet, and I could schedule a buddy read in June, maybe? Anyone interested?

message 10: by Mahi (new)

Mahi | 114 comments I'm in for 'Serpent and Dove' if you are planning to read before 15th June.

message 11: by yanitta☏ (new)

Yeah, sure! I can put up the Serpent and Dove buddy reading group, so we can find more people to join! Maybe we can start around the first week of June if everyone’s okay?

message 12: by Mahi (new)

Mahi | 114 comments i'm good with first week of June.

message 13: by Mahi (last edited May 22, 2020 11:25PM) (new)

Mahi | 114 comments I'm planning to read the below mentioned books. It would be fantastic if i can find a partner in reading them, so let me know if anyone is interested in these books.

Dark Matter

A Darker Shade of Magic

This Savage Song

Warbreaker

message 14: by Darcey (new)

Darcey | 179 comments Mahi wrote: "I'm planning to read the below mentioned books. It would be fantastic if i can find a partner in reading them, so let me know if anyone is interested in these books.

Dark Matter

..."

I'd love to buddy read A Darker Shade of Magic soonish! I'm kinda reading quite a few books right now, but maybe later in June? Is that ok with you?

message 15: by Mahi (last edited May 23, 2020 05:12AM) (new)

Mahi | 114 comments Hi Darce, I'm happy to hear that. I am going to start Mistborn trilogy from mid June, so we can commence the read maybe in July first week or in the first fortnight of June.

message 16: by yanitta☏ (new)

@Mahi I would love to read This Savage Song, and maybe when you finish ADSOM I could buddy read A Gathering of Shadows as well!

message 17: by Mahi (new)

Mahi | 114 comments ꧁yanitta꧂ wrote: "@Mahi I would love to read This Savage Song, and maybe when you finish ADSOM I could buddy read A Gathering of Shadows as well!"

I'd like to read This Savage Song before mid June, Let me know the date you're comfortable with.

message 18: by Kaitlyn (new)

Kaitlyn (kaitlynreadskaitlyn) | 6 comments Does anyone want to read the Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes with me?

message 19: by yanitta☏ (new)

Kaitlyn wrote: "Does anyone want to read the Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes with me?"

I would be happy to! But I am available around mid June.

message 20: by Kaitlyn (new)

Kaitlyn (kaitlynreadskaitlyn) | 6 comments ꧁yanitta꧂ wrote: "Kaitlyn wrote: "Does anyone want to read the Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes with me?"

I would be happy to! But I am available around mid June."

That sounds perfect!

message 21: by yanitta☏ (new)

@Kaitlyn I'll add it to the tbr shelf as June 15th for now, and the specific date can change later. Is that ok with you? :)

message 22: by Kaitlyn (new)

Kaitlyn (kaitlynreadskaitlyn) | 6 comments That sounds great! :)

message 23: by Emilio (new)

Emilio  Socías | 2 comments Mahi wrote: "Hi Darce, I'm happy to hear that. I am going to start Mistborn trilogy from mid June, so we can commence the read maybe in July first week or in the first fortnight of June."

I'd like to read A Darker Shade of Magic with you guys! Just let me know when you're ready to start.

message 24: by Mahi (last edited May 24, 2020 11:09PM) (new)

Mahi | 114 comments Sure Emilio. we haven't decided on the date, so I'll let you know the kick off date very soon.

message 25: by Mahi (new)

Mahi | 114 comments Kaitlyn wrote: "Does anyone want to read the Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes with me?"

I'd love to join, but my TBR list is messy. Let me know the date, so that i can clear my reading schedule.

message 26: by Darcey (new)

Darcey | 179 comments Mahi wrote: "Hi Darce, I'm happy to hear that. I am going to start Mistborn trilogy from mid June, so we can commence the read maybe in July first week or in the first fortnight of June."

yep sounds cool, i'd love to buddy read Mistborn as well if that's ok :))

message 27: by Darcey (new)

Darcey | 179 comments Emilio wrote: "I'd like to read A Darker Shade of Magic with you guys! Just let me know when you're ready to start."

yep, can't wait to start!

message 28: by Mahi (new)

Mahi | 114 comments Adela wrote: "Hello :) I think in around mid June or so I’d love to read the Mistborn books!"

Hi Adela, We are planning to start Mistborn trilogy from 13th June(Saturday). Let me me know if you're comfortable with the date and interested to join the read.

message 29: by Mahi (new)

Mahi | 114 comments We are going to start "A Darker Shade of Magic" on 27th June. Let me know if anyone is interested in the read.

Jadey (the Bookish) | 40 comments Would anyone be interested in reading The Diviners by Libba Bray with me? I'm completely flexible with time since I know there are quite a few buddy reads going on right now already, but I'd really like to read it in 2020 sometime and buddy reads are such a good motivator !!

If anyone's interested it might be nice to read it in a couple of months or something. Let me know! :)

message 31: by yanitta☏ (last edited Jun 23, 2020 09:05PM) (new)

@Jadey Yeah! The Diviners is on my TBR right now, but I don't have the physical book with me and it's not available in my country. I still haven't ordered it yet, but I'm not going to order the whole series until I finish the first book. So I guess a few months would be nice. :)

I'm still torn between Lady Midnight or The Diviners since I can only afford one book at the moment. Ahhhh this decision is eating me alive!!

message 32: by Raphaella (new)

Raphaella | 37 comments I'm all in for a Darker Shade of Magic, whenever you're ready guys

message 33: by Mahi (new)

Mahi | 114 comments I'm interested in The Diviners, but not sure about dates. Let me know when the date is fixed :)

message 34: by yanitta☏ (new)

Have any of you read the Shadowhunters saga? I just ordered Lady Midnight (the first book in The Dark Artifices series), and I will be reading it as soon as it comes. It’s the last series I’ve haven’t read in The Shadowhunters saga.

Would any of you be interested in reading TDA with me? I plan to read it in about 2-3 weeks. I’m quite flexible with the time. If you’re interested, let me know!☺️

☀︎El In Oz☀︎ (elinoz) Ohhh TDA is soooooo good! Have fun reading it!

message 36: by Kamryn Bozeman (new)

Kamryn Bozeman Does anybody want to read the Broken Earth Trilogy??

message 37: by Darcey (new)

Darcey | 179 comments anyone wanna buddy read the Scythe trilogy or Crier's War with me? i'm not fussed about when :))

message 38: by — Massiel (new)

— Massiel (rollitosdecanela) | 94 comments @Darce: I can read both with you! Are you okay if we read both in September?

message 39: by Darcey (new)

Darcey | 179 comments — Massiel wrote: "@Darce: I can read both with you! Are you okay if we read both in September?"

yeah that's perfect for me! how do you want to do this? read Crier's War first and then the Scythe trilogy (or vice versa) or read them both at the same time?

message 40: by — Massiel (new)

— Massiel (rollitosdecanela) | 94 comments @Darce: I just saw Crier's War's second book will be release in September so we can read Scythe first and then when Iron Heart comes out we can read it. Wanna start reading Scythe in the beginning of September or you have another date in mind?

message 41: by Esther (new)

Esther (estherfernndez) | 2 comments Hi!! Is anyone interested in reading The devouring gray or Crescent City (House of Earth and Blood) with me? :)

message 42: by Wilybookwitch (new)

Wilybookwitch Hello there! Is anybody interested in buddy reading the raven cycle Series with me?
I've heard so much about that one. I just need a push!

message 43: by Raphaella (new)

Raphaella | 37 comments @Wilybookwitch I am!

message 44: by Wilybookwitch (new)

Wilybookwitch @Branwenn Oh great! How about we start from Sept 1st week? You okay with it?

message 45: by Raphaella (new)

Raphaella | 37 comments I'm fine with the date, however I have some really big exams at that period so I might fall a bit behind. Not so that I won't be able to catch up but I'm just letting you know (besides I've avoided this series for far too long, lol)

message 46: by Wilybookwitch (new)

Wilybookwitch @Branwenn I am okay with any date too.how about you tell me when it's okay for you?

message 47: by Darcey (new)

Darcey | 179 comments heyo all, is any up for buddy reading book 3 of the Mistborn trilogy with me? The Hero of Ages? i really need to read it but i feel like i need someone to push me to read it :))

message 48: by — Massiel (new)

— Massiel (rollitosdecanela) | 94 comments @Darce: I'd love to join you but in October! I plan to read all mistborn series in October but not now :(

message 49: by Darcey (new)

Darcey | 179 comments — Massiel wrote: "@Darce: I'd love to join you but in October! I plan to read all mistborn series in October but not now :("

hell yeah Massiel babe, you know i'd love to buddy read this with you! October is totally fine with me :)) so you haven't read book 1&2 yet?
scythe, crier's war, and then this? x

message 50: by — Massiel (new)

— Massiel (rollitosdecanela) | 94 comments @Darce: You're so sweet, I love buddy reading with you too! And yes, I've read already the first book I haven't read the second tho :( so you will have to wait until I finish the second and we can read the rest of the series (I want to read the whole mistborn series 6 books)

And yes, I think we can buddy read two books at the same time so this month we could finish the first two books of Scythe and the third in October (Is taking us a long time to finish it HAHHA) and then Mistborn with Crier's War.

Are you okay with it? I know it must be a lot.

« previous 1