The Seasonal Reading Challenge discussion

TASK HELP: Summer Challenge 2020 > 25.1 - Lois's Task: Hair Love

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by SRC Moderator (last edited May 24, 2020 02:23AM) (new)

SRC Moderator | 4934 comments Mod
25.1 - Lois's Task: Hair Love

I am not a regular movie goer, and at the time of the 2020 Academy Awards, the only nominee I had seen was “Hair Love,” which was the winner in the animated shorts category. I have a granddaughter with big, unruly hair, whose parents struggle at times to cope with it, so I found it particularly charming. Definitely a winner!

This is a 2-book task, chosen from two of the options listed below. One of the books may be sequential art format.
REQUIRED: Indicate the options when you post.

Option 1: Read a book with the word HAIR or LOVE intact in the title or subtitle.

Option 2: Read a book with the main page genre Short Stories.

Option 3: Read a book that is short, between 100-200 pages, inclusive.

Option 4: Read a graphic novel or graphic memoir (MPG Sequential Art>Graphic Novels)

message 2: by Lois (new)

Lois | 1970 comments Reserved

message 3: by Lois (new)

Lois | 1970 comments Reserved

message 4: by SRC Moderator (new)

SRC Moderator | 4934 comments Mod
This thread is now open!

message 5: by Deborah (new)

Deborah | 1389 comments For option 3 with the word between...200 pages would NOT fit the task?

message 6: by Lois (new)

Lois | 1970 comments Deborah wrote: "For option 3 with the word between...200 pages would NOT fit the task?"

200 pages will work.

message 7: by Deborah (new)

Deborah | 1389 comments EXCELLENT! Thank you! In the Shadow of Spindrift House by Mira Grant

Both books are now chosen!

message 8: by Sally (new)

Sally (sallysimply) | 541 comments I love this! Hair Love legit moved me to tears. Great task!

message 9: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 7701 comments i doubt it will drop off but Prison Island: A Graphic Memoir for graphic novel?

message 10: by Lois (new)

Lois | 1970 comments Dee wrote: "i doubt it will drop off but Prison Island: A Graphic Memoir for graphic novel?"

Noted

message 11: by Brooke (new)

Brooke | 963 comments Can you please confirm if Almost American Girl: An Illustrated Memoir will work for option 4?

message 12: by Lois (new)

Lois | 1970 comments Brooke wrote: "Can you please confirm if Almost American Girl: An Illustrated Memoir will work for option 4?"

Yes, it does.

message 13: by Brooke (new)

Brooke | 963 comments Lois wrote: "Brooke wrote: "Can you please confirm if Almost American Girl: An Illustrated Memoir will work for option 4?"

Yes, it does."

Great. Thank you!!

message 14: by Meg (new)

Meg (megscl) | 1660 comments Can I check for option 1 - does the word have to be standalone? e.g. is Foxglove Summer ok? ta

message 15: by Lois (new)

Lois | 1970 comments Meg wrote: "Can I check for option 1 - does the word have to be standalone? e.g. is Foxglove Summer ok? ta"

No, it does not have to be standalone. Foxglove Summer works.